Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

My Baby bites! Rss

Hi all,

I have an 11 month old little boy, who is normally a very easy going and overall good baby.
Lately, he has taken to biting me when he is frustrated, tired or just not liking it when he is not getting his own way. What do I do???? He seems to young to really understand the word ' no' as he just keeps doing it.
Any advice would be great.

Robyn,Qld, 17mth son

Hi

i know exactly how you feel my daughter (11 months on friday) is the same she has been biting mostly me for over a month now and it seems to be when she is tired, hungry or frustrated when she does it.

and i have tried saying "no" sternly to her but most of the time she thinks it is funny and laughs like she thinks we are playin a game.

hopefully someone has some suggestions because i would love to know what else to try.

the weird thing is she only seems to bite me not hubby and has only bitten a few other people maybe 2 times.

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Hi Ladies,

My son is 1 next week and has been doing this for a while, I just tell him no, a tap on the hand, and I walk away from him and ignore his biting..

Finally after about a month he has stopped, when he looks like he is going to do it I just say 'no biting' and walk away..

I honestly think it is a stage that eventually they will grow out of.

Good Luck
Alicia

hi. u could try by giving him a warning and if he does it again u can either put him in a room with no toys or anywhere that u or him cant see one another, say in a corner. he stays there for 1 minute and after that u tell him what he has done wrong and ask him to giveu a kiss and hug. if he doesnt he stays for another minute. hope this helps.

philippa mum of Charley chicken

Sign in to follow this topic