for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. tantrums at home when feeding but not at daycare

tantrums at home when feeding but not at daycare Lock Rss

My son is 23 months and finally weaned him off my breast. He goes to daycare and the lady says he eats all his breakfast and lunch when he is there but on weekends he refuses to take it from me, he just has a tantrum for 3 hours at a time. Daycare lady has given me food she gives him but he still refuses, what should i do.
Hi,

Your son is playing up and he knows he can get away with it. My 25 mth old is the same and I find that I have to chase him all over the house to make him eat a tiny bit. At creche there is no one there to find him so he knows to 'eat now' or go hungry. Also the familiarity of mum makes them more naughty, they are more intimidated by people they are not so familiar with and they probably see them as authority figures not to be messed with.

Just let him have a little food and if he doesn't want any more perhaps you could leave out a dish of dried friut, cheese, crackers etc and don't make a fuss about it. Make sure he knows the food is there for him and you may be surprised at how much gets gobbled.

They are looking for a reaction and us mums making a fuss is exactly what they want. But it stresses you out doesn't it?

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

When my DS1 went to daycare they had to be careful to put him next to a good eater. Do you sit DS to eat by himself or do you eat the meal alongside him?

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic