Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Someone HELP! My son is a fussy eater.....

Someone HELP! My son is a fussy eater..... Rss

My son is now 14 months old and he is such a fussy eater. I go to so much trouble preparing him nice, healthy meals and when i try to feed him, he refuses to eat it! I have been trying to make the food more like finger food so that he can feed himself, but he usually throws it all on the floor! I dont know what to do with him...and i'm worried about his health. I do give him S26 Toddler Gold and he will drink this by the gallon if i let him....does anyone else have the same problem or ideas????
Hi

How long has this been going on? Just interested cause sometimes we freak out they are not eating but when we stop and think about it, it hasnt been for that long (I know I have smile.

Giving him the toddler formula might be the problem, he's filling up on that (and its very sweet) so not interested in food.

You are probably giving him that because he's a fussy eater but it can also be the reason why they dont have an appetite for solids.

I'd back off on the formula for at least a week and see if things change. I also think sometimes its normal for them to go off their food or not be interested and if its for a period of a week or so dont worry, sometimes if they are teething they can go off their food.

Also helps to have a feeding routine that works for him with adequate gaps between meals, so breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner. Plus a bottle before bed if you are still doing that.
Hi...
You know, when i think about it, he's always been a bit fussy with his food...one minute he'll like something i make and if i make it again for him in a couple of days, he wont eat it. I just cant work him out sometimes!
I've only just started him on the S26 toddler gold and i only really give it to him if he doesnt eat.
I do have set times for his meals, which i try to stick with, unless i'm out doing things. I even sit and try to eat the same food as him, but this doesnt even work!
Maybe i should stop giving him the formula and see what happens, i'm pretty sure it will be the same as it's only been about 1 week since i've been giving him the formula, but i'll see how i go. Geez i hope he wont be a fussy eater for ever!
Its frustrating hey, especially when you go to the trouble of cooking and it gets knocked back.

I noticed when I stopped the formula with my DD that she ate more, she also had a fussy period around 13-14 months when she'd refuse things she'd normally eat, thats when I started making finger foods so she could feed herself. You can only try different things and hope for the best, good luck smile
thanx alot for your advice. I'll stop the formula feeds and see what happens.
Wish me luck!!
Hi,

I don't have any advice but just wanted you to know that your not alone, Riley has just turned 14mths old and he is exactly the same.

His appetite is very small and I try a huge variety of things that he just won't touch, he loves yohgurt though, but I am sure giving tooo much of this can't be good for him.

Good luck and if you find something that works please let me know, and I will do the same for you.

Mandy

Sign in to follow this topic