Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Your Toddler's Health
  5. My 14 mobth old son has just been diagnosed with Rosacea

My 14 mobth old son has just been diagnosed with Rosacea Lock Rss

Hi,

After 4 months of a funny rash on his face my son today was diagnosed with Rosacea. It is apparently not very common in children at all and I was hoping to find someone on here to talk to about it??

Some of things that I have read really have got me quite scared.

Any first hand advice would be so much appreciated. Please help.

Ange

My children dont have this but I do.
Although once diagnosed and treated it has never come back.
I was given a stong cream called Rozex which after about 4 weeks got rid of the rash.
Some triggers for the rash are:

caffeine
chilli or other hot foods
being hot
too much exposure to the sun
alcohol
and stress

hope someone else can help

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I feel better knowing that you had it once and that was it. Austin's beautiful face has been a mass of angry red spots and puffiness for about 3 months. It was incorrectly diagnosed as Eczema for the last 3 months. So we have only yesterday had a Demertalogist diagnose it as rosacea and only just started treating it today.
I was quite concered as everything that I read said it was chronic and incurable.
Hopefully he's clears up as quickly as your did.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I feel better knowing that you had it once and that was it. Austin's beautiful face has been a mass of angry red spots and puffiness for about 3 months. It was incorrectly diagnosed as Eczema for the last 3 months. So we have only yesterday had a Demertalogist diagnose it as rosacea and only just started treating it today.
I was quite concered as everything that I read said it was chronic and incurable.
Hopefully he's clears up as quickly as your did.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

HOW IS YOUR LITTLE mans face going?? (sorry for the caps)

Mine was also misdiagnosed as excema, and dermatitis then finally rosacea. Haven't had it since the first outbreak!
have a good day

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

Hi!

Turns out it's not rosacea either!!!! It's now definitely been diagnosed correctly as perioral dermatitis and is almost gone! I can't believe the improvement.

Thanks for asking smile

Can you remember what you treated your son's skin with? My son has a large rash on his face that is not responding to lotions. Hope you son's skin completely cleared.
Recently I bought dermalmd rosacea serum.My daughter has rosacea and her face was dry and red. After use of dermalmd rosacea serum her skin is much softer and the redness is almost gone .It's only been two days .She is thrilled !
Sign in to follow this topic