Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

chicken pox immunisation Lock Rss

Alisha is now 14mths old. When she was about 8 mths old she got her chicken pox. Will she get it again in the future?. Should she get her chicken pox immunisation when shes turning 18th mths?, is it compulsory to have it done?.

alisha,nsw, 3 yrs

When I was younger I was always told you could only get chicken pox once and then you were immune, however I was also told that if you didn't get it badly the first time you could get it a second time. Maybe you should ask your doctor? I took my young squish to have his 4 days ago. To get the immunisation allowance from the government you have to get it done or fill out forms to prove you don't need it...which I think involves your doctor anyway...

Jade, QLD, DS Sept 04, #2 due 06/08/07

I am just about to take my son tomorrow for his injection. I was advised by a letter in the mail he was due and to receive it as close to 18mths as possible. My daughter now 4 1/2yrs caught chickenpox, 2 weeks before I was due to give birth to my son, she was to be immunised 3 days after she caught it but once she had it my dr advised there was no need to have her immunised because they have an immunity to it. But I also have had friends whose children have had it twice and some who have had their children vaccinated and still got a mild case of chickenpox. Maybe seek a couple of medical opinions closer to her at 18mths.

Amy Qld
I was 12weeks preg with #2 when I had chicken pox. My Dh had it when #3 was about 2yo. This is something not wanted at any age as my first two had a severe outbreak. It is nasty when the blisters are in orifices. Eating was painful for a few days. I was so grateful that there was less coverage of blisters past the hips. Certainly places I don't want blisters.
Had the twins immunised (that reminds me must apply for imm. bonus) as with older children it would be harder to keep them clear of infection.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic