Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Book & Resources
  5. 3D ultrasound, the new diagnostic tool for Obstetrics & Gynaecology

3D ultrasound, the new diagnostic tool for Obstetrics & Gynaecology Rss

Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard of 3 D ultrasound? Have you had one? It is a very new technology. I came across a website that was very educational and fascinating. There are 3D ultrasound images & movies of unborn fetus at various stages of development, also explaining what 3D ultrasound can be used for. It seems a very valuable tool for diagnosis in obstetrics and in gynaecology. No doubt it could pick up fetal congenitive diseases early on & ovarian conditions. This could be very helpful.
Check out the website:
http://www.3d-us.org/eng/nomedic.htm
What do you think? I am gobsmacked!
Best wishes,
Michelle

mum to be, SA, 30-10-05

Thanks for the website am going to go have a looksie now, just discussing with partner whether we could pay the money and go get the 3D ultrasound with next baby or not. Friends of ours said they were crap and a waste of money but her ultrasound pictures are fantastic. If anybody knows the cost of these and has had them done i also would like to know how they went.

DS 21-04-04 & Due 16-11-06

Hey,

yeah I read about it in the advertiser a couple of weeks ago. It would be amazing to see your little one like that. I just want to find a place in Adelaide that does it??

Ebony

Anyone know if it's available in WA? I'd like to look into it!

the 4D ultrasound is available in Shepparton Victoria at a cost of $65 for people who have not used the service before, otherwise it is $45.

i don;t think you can get anything back from medicare for it. my family and i are getting the third child's done in two weeks. as i am not going to look at it until the baby is born then i wont be able to tell you what it is like. i wasnt the look of the child, the sex and all it's cute features to be a surprise.

mum to ben 20/4/03, Riley 19/4/05, Megan 15/9/06 &

the 4D ultrasound is available in Shepparton Victoria at a cost of $65 for people who have not used the service before, otherwise it is $45.

i don;t think you can get anything back from medicare for it. my family and i are getting the third child's done in two weeks. as i am not going to look at it until the baby is born then i wont be able to tell you what it is like. i wasnt the look of the child, the sex and all it's cute features to be a surprise.

hi do you nkow where in Shepparton or what the place is callled thanks?
grin
We had 3d scans done with both our kids we live in Qld & the place we had tehm done at was called qld ultrasound for women they are in southport or brisbane city. its quite pricey but well worth it My 1st scan With bub #1 was a normal ultrasound & they didnt pick up that I had a bicorniate uterus, 18wk scan was 3D but abit late 2 see the problem as the uterus was quite full with DS. its amazing the things they can pick up on in these scans, 2nd bub my 12wk & 18wk scan they picked up the bicorniate uterus. Alot of things made sense the 2nd time round with what happened thru out the pregnancy & delivery, when you see the little bubba's on the big screen in 3d they are abit freaky looking 2 start with but they are AMAZING & well worth the $300 odd $ it cost per scan, we did get some rebate from medicare.
& Also I didnt know till the last min with bub #1 at tax time to include all medical reciepts as they can actually claim against some of the amount you spent out of pocket.
Fetal fotos I think do them in Australia. They are located in sydney, adelaide and perth. http://www.fetalfotos.com.au/
Sign in to follow this topic