Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Cold Meats Rss

Hi
I really really miss my ham sandwiches. Is it ok to have sandwiches with cold meats leftover from dinner the night before, like roast pork, beef, chicken etc?
I do all the time. I am not sure whether you are meant to, but if you have cooked the meat and know that it was cooked properly and then stored it in the fridge then I cant see why not.
I always try and eat left overs within one day of cooking it though.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

I think the only one I would watch there is the cold chicken as it is an easy breeding ground for listeria which we know adults can handle but developing fetuses can not.

Maybe if you heat them in the microwave first and make sure they have steam coming off?

I know ham is definitely a no go too but some people just eat whatever - I think it depends on yourself, I am a first timer so I must say I tend to stick to the rules!

I know what you mean though I miss good old cold ham and chicken sandwiches!! lol
Hi

yes it is fine to eat the meat you have cooked the night before on a sanwich.

the reason they say not to have ham etc is you dont know how long it has been sitting there so there is the possibility of listeria.

but if you cooked it yourself and put it in the fridge than that is fine to eat within 24 hrs

also as someone else suggested if you heat your food up so it is steaming then the listeria bug can not survive so if in doubt have it hot

good luck with your pregnancy

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

I would still avoid the pork and chicken but the beef should be fine and hot roast beef and vegemite (if you like vegemite) is really good.
Sign in to follow this topic