Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. positive faint line pregnancy test.

positive faint line pregnancy test. Rss

Hi,im new here and very nervous as I have taken a first response pregnancy test which has presented a faint line, and im wondering if that's cause to beleive that i am pregnant? My period is 2 days late however I have had a show of really light spotting for the last 2-4 hours which is on and off, is this sign a cause for concern???

This is not my first pregnancy as I have had several m/c in the past and a s/b birth, I maybe just abit too concerned given my past pregnancies...
OMG, I'm sorry to hear about your losses..I hope you've got your positive proved so far. And that things are going just ok. I myself had to pass DE IVF to conceive a baby. My dr advised me not to jump to conclusions on your pregnancy status based on your side effects!! Many of the shots you’ve taken and procedures you’ve undergone, in addition to the progesterone shots you’ll continue to take, may cause symptoms similar to those of pregnancy. Also to stay distracted from overthinking. And no early home tests..That wasn't easy but really helped to keep sane.
C_Lains wrote:
OMG, I'm sorry to hear about your losses..I hope you've got your positive proved so far. And that things are going just ok. I myself had to pass DE IVF to conceive a baby. My dr advised me not to jump to conclusions on your pregnancy status based on your side effects!! Many of the shots you’ve taken and procedures you’ve undergone, in addition to the progesterone shots you’ll continue to take, may cause symptoms similar to those of pregnancy. Also to stay distracted from overthinking. And no early home tests..That wasn't easy but really helped to keep sane.
I want to believe that even if the line is faint, it is likely that pregnancy has occurred.
Home pregnancy tests are a fairly accurate way to detect a pregnancy. Some tests are sensitive enough to detect a pregnancy up to 1 day after a missed period in some people.Pregnancy tests measure levels of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin or hCG. The body produces more hCG after a fertilized egg implants in the wall of the womb. Some medicines contain hCG as an active ingredient, and so taking these can potentially lead to a false positive test result. Another possibility is a chemical pregnancy or very early miscarriage that occurs in the first 13 weeks after conception. After a pregnancy loss, it takes some time for hCG levels to return to previous levels. Pregnancy tests measure hCG levels, and so taking a pregnancy test during this time will still give a positive result. Only a doctor can work out whether a faint positive result is due to early pregnancy, medication, or a chemical pregnancy.
There's nothing to worry about. I can understand your concerns. It's all quite normal. It could be implantation bleeding. You should just wait a bit. You can visit your doctor, a professional opinion helps. I really hope it all goes, normally! Good luck to you!
It's hard to say for sure. The information is too less to be certain. You'll have to wait, I'm afraid. Good luck to you! My prayers are with you! You can get through this, honey. I hope it all works out well for you.
Sign in to follow this topic