Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. What do you, ladies, think about egg freezing??

What do you, ladies, think about egg freezing?? Rss

After some googling on ''fertility'' news just got ot interested in this very issue. It's said despite significant advances in ART, women over 40 have a small chance and beyond age 45, women have almost no hope of achieving a successful live birth using their own eggs. Egg freezing definitely changes this. It allows women to better correlate their fertility desires with the career and relationship demands of today. Women with cancer or other conditions , probably represent the most important group who use this option. These women may now choose to freeze and store eggs. As opposed to men who are continually manufacturing new sperms, women are born with their ovaries preloaded with eggs. Again my dr at bio texcom explained that at birth, a woman's ovaries have about 2 million eggs. Later only about 400k remain. By the average age of menopause, 50, there will be only approximately 1k remaining. As they age, they suffer wear and tear. The delicate machinery that allows an egg to divide its chromosomes properly in half, breaks down over time. Abnormal numbers of chromosomes in an egg result in embryos which may not implant, may miscarry, or may result in the birth of a child with problems such as Down's syndrome. By the time a woman is 45, her risk of having a child with Down's syndrome reaches 1in 30 live births. Her risk of all types of chromosomally-mediated birth defects is approx 1in10. Would you freeze if it was possible earlier??
You have so much knowledge on this topic. I would probably go with freezing the eggs. However, that is my own choice as many don't want to opt for that. Another thing is that people like me actually don't have a choice. So I have a poor ovarian reserve. The doctors already told me that IVF or IUI like procedures won't work for me. I was told I should look into something even further ahead. Then I considered opting for IVF with DE. However, I wasn't the candidate for that as well. So then we researched about gestation carrier. We decided to go forward with that. I made sure the clinic I was visiting was operating legally and at a high success rate for the process. I am really excited about my process we will be using DE for it as well. Hoping for the best now. Its a totally new process for us.
Hey. Thank you so much for this post. You have provided us with a lot of information on this. I think it is a great option for women. Most of them have to worry about the ticking biological clock. This lets them have a baby of their own when they are actually ready for one. I think it is a great idea.
I am happy to see your post, I have a baby and planning for the second baby. For my physical issue I am not able to conceive. I am 35 now. So without wasting the before the age of 40 we must take our second baby.
Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing this information. It really depends on the person tbh. If they want to freeze or not for later. In this way, they can go for it when they are ready. Many people will benefit from this post. Some people are quite confused about this in the start. I m glad you did some research and shared it with us. I went for surrogacy because I couldn't carry a child because of cancerous polyps in my uterus. There's something missing in my life and it's that experience. The experience of giving birth to my own baby. If I had a chance to go for IVF I would have. But for people who have it, don't give up. There's nothing more beautiful in this world than your own baby. Good luck! Stay blessed!
Oh that's nice to see lots of you, kind ladies, are here to discuss. That amuses..
Talking about general ivf treatments, some clinics are taking advantage of egg-freezing technology. According to latest data, the rate of live births from fresh donor eggs is 56%. and the rate of live births from thawed eggs is 43%. But my former post is rather about freezing own eggs at the young ''fertile'' age and using them further when time comes. Would you, ladies, used this option if could??
Monikadavid399 wrote:
You have so much knowledge on this topic. I would probably go with freezing the eggs. However, that is my own choice as many don't want to opt for that. Another thing is that people like me actually don't have a choice. So I have a poor ovarian reserve. The doctors already told me that IVF or IUI like procedures won't work for me. I was told I should look into something even further ahead. Then I considered opting for IVF with DE. However, I wasn't the candidate for that as well. So then we researched about gestation carrier. We decided to go forward with that. I made sure the clinic I was visiting was operating legally and at a high success rate for the process. I am really excited about my process we will be using DE for it as well. Hoping for the best now. Its a totally new process for us.

Hi there! Egg donors also go through a very stringent psychological evaluation. The clinic's main job is to build a profile of the donor from every angle. Including personality, intellectual capabilities, motivation, level of responsibility, and health background. Their questions during the initial interview cover the donor’s education history and grade point average and her family’s professional background. They ask the donor to describe her personality traits: Is she talkative, shy, confident, caring etc. Many potential donors do not make the cut in bio texcom. Women who smoke, use illicit drugs, or consume excessive amounts of alcohol are immediately rejected! Psychological disorders are also a gray area. They will never accept a donor if she has been diagnosed with schizophrenia or severe manic depression. In other clinics the mild history of anxiety or depression usually does not preclude them from becoming donors. Other clinics just ask how many generations back it goes and whether they’ve had an episode recently. It all goes into the report, and it’s up to the doctor to make the decision!! which is an absolute rubbish, I would never want my donor be a depressive one or sth of this kind. I'm glad our Bio tex takes extremelly precise look onto all those things.
Wishing you all the best of luck and support on your way!!
Just some note from my memory for today. My younger sister at that time had her two 3 yrs old boys and one in the oven…You know she looked at me very enviously when I was coming and going, having a few cocktails, traveling around on the weekends with no attachments..I know this is not exactly what you want to hear now. But there are goods and bads to every situation, surely. Enjoy the good now and do have faith you will have kids one day. Keeping you all in my prayers.
Hello, there! This is such a nice post. I'm so glad you made it. It's really nice of you to do this. You took out the time to create this thread. It's full of such important information. Great to see you doing that. I had a few questions regarding these methods. It has really answered all of them. Anyone can access this information, and that's kind of you! I'm so glad I joined this forum. I think it's a fantastic idea to opt for such methods. Keep up the fantastic work, people. Hope to see more of these posts. It's going to help so many women!
Hey, honey. I hope you're doing okay. Thank you for this post. It's really helpful. I'm all in for methods which can find a solution to these problems. So, I think it's a method more and more women should opt for! There's no reason to oppose such a method.
I think it's a really good option. It makes me really happy to see so many new options available to women, now. It's good to see all of these methods being effective, as well. As long as, these methods are effective and ethical, people will go for them. So, I think it depends on people if they want to go for it, they should. Others shouldn't judge them for it. It's their choice! I personally think it's a huge help. It's helped quite a few women conceive. What else could one want possibly? Thank you for this post, though. It's really important to raise awareness. It's also important to actually talk about these things. Most women in these situations don't even know what their options are! Keep up the brilliant work!
It is amazing how technology has improved in this field. I honestly feel so lucky that during our time things have improved. Otherwise, a couple wouldn't even be able to hope to fight through it. When I was first properly diagnosed with DOR. I honestly thought life had come to a halt. I was so disappointed. However, all my family is very supportive! They kept me motivated to keep on struggling. I tried every treatment possible. However, due to the issue at hand, all the doctors either suggested DE or surrogacy. So eventually we had to opt for surrogacy. Really hoping for the best now. The clinic we are visiting is doing a good job. I made sure the doctors were experienced and professionals. Hoping for the best.
Sign in to follow this topic