Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF for older women? Rss

Hi. First post here although I used to frequent Mothering and was a paid subscriber under another name.
I'm looking for fertility clinics that will perform procedures - egg retrieval, IVF, IUI, on "poor candidates". I am in NY but would travel.
A little background - I do have children and believe I am capable of conceiving again. We had just begun TTC after getting my period back postpartum when DH got diagnosed with prostate cancer. He plans to store sperm, but I am far from an ideal IVF candidate. I am 44 and overweight. While I know we may never conceive another biological child, I am looking to try. Thank you for any information and prayers.
IVF didn't worked for me. I tried IVF for 3 times. But it didn't worked for me. I also tried IUI but failed at it too. I have been to many doctors but they can't tell the reason behind my infertility. So now i have decided to go for surrogacy.I am infertile and there is no such reason behind my infertility.
I live in Bulgaria where surrogacy is prohibited. So we have to move to another state to get to a clinic regarding surrogacy. Like you i am also looking for surrogacy. I am learning from others people experience about surrogacy. Many people here are going towards surrogacy they some experience about it. Most of the couples have gone through surrogacy so they have some experience or feedback regarding it.
I have read from many people that Ukraine is very popular regarding surrogacy. Many people share their success stories of that clinic. I also watched some videos regarding surrogacy from that clinic.
Here is the link of the youtube channel of clinic you can have a look and get some idea from there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3wkbgaaXc2Xax...
I was TTC very hard but had no luck with TTC. I was pregnant for 3 times but i resulted in miscarriages every time. My marriage came to an end and my husband left me. I was left totally heartbroken and alone. But i have married again at the age of 43. I was trying to have a baby from the past 17 years. But i never succeed in this plan. Firstly i had many complications while getting pregnant. I knew all my complications about my previous pregnancies. So I told my husband everything about my issues. He said he is fine with my complications. Then we decided to have a baby via surrogacy. So we started looking for a clinic for surrogacy. We found a very good clinic in Ukraine. The clinic is very good in surrogacy. It has many positive reviews about its services. Soon we will fly to the clinic to start our surrogacy journey there.
The clinic BioTexCom is arranging an event in London. The event is all about the infertility treatments at the clinic. The event is taking place on 18-19 of this month. The clinic will also offer some seats to get registered there. I will also register myself there. It is a beneficial event for people planning for surrogacy. I am also planning for surrogacy. So it will be useful for me. I was TTC from last 10 years. But there was no sign of conceiving. I went to different doctors for my checkups. After extensive testing doctors were also unable to trace the issue with my infertility. I was stressed and was sad. I talked to my husband about this. He said not to worry that everything will be fine. We keep on TTC for some more time and still there was no hope in it. So we gave upon the idea of TTC. I was sad and depressed. Than a friend of mine told me about surrogacy. And now i am going for the event and surrogacy.
Wow, this is such a delightful news. Kudos to soon to be moms. Congratulations to her. May this journey be a less painful one for her. I am also trying to conceive. I got an email id of Adonis. I was so excited to get my process done. But all my excitement went in vain when they told me that this is very painful. If I can not show patience then it will be useless. How can they do this to me? Instead of motivating me they were making me all about second thoughts. I am kind of disappointed now. Please be nice to us. Kindly share some information about other clinics. I would very thankful.
Dear, you need to opt for surrogacy. Choosing the good clinic for this treatment is very important. There is a wors clinic like Adonis. I have read many bad reviews about it. They are real scammers. They are playing with peoples emotion. I wish such clinic should be shut down. It really doesn't mean good clinic doesn't exist. There is a good clinic in Europe. You should go there. They are best in dealing with surrogacy. You should go there. It will be best for you. I wish you a good luck. My best wishes are with you. Baby dust to you. smile
According to my knowledge, IVF doesn't work in some cases. Now you have exceeded so pregnancy could create some complication for you. So I think you should go for surrogacy. A lot of infertile couples are getting so much help from this methods. If you are interested in this. Then be careful while choosing the clinic. Certain clinics like Adonis have come in this field and looting people for the sake of money. Everything is fake there. I'm just informing you in this way, you would not become their victim. So choose your clinic wisely.
All my sympathies are with you
I can understand how hard it is to deal with infertility. I think IVF is a great option but it may not suit you because of your age. It could create some complication with your pregnancy. I think you should go for surrogacy. In this process, the embryo will be developed artificially and later it is injected into the third mother for further growth and development. A lot of infertile couples are getting so much help from such methods. I think you should go for it. It is not much risk and a more reliable option. But choose your clinic wisely. There are certain fake clinics like Lotus have come in this field. They are looting people to earn money and do not have any interest in someone lives. So I think you should choose the well-reputed clinic for you. It will be good for you. My sympathies
I am sad to know about your story.But i think surrogacy is best for you.This is the blessing of God for infertile people.
Because surrogacy is the best way to born baby for infertile people.It is the simple and natural way to born baby for infertile people.My cousin is suffering from infertility.Due to miscarriages due to bad habits she lost her fertility.She wants baby so she decided to go for surrogacy.Surrogacy is the last hope for her to born baby.So she contact with clinic for surrogacy.Finally she reached there foe surrogacy.She got positive results.Now she has a beautiful baby.So surrogacy is the best way to born baby for infertile. Every people must know about this.
I'm sorry, luv, you're facing this. Here I've got a couple of things to discuss.
It’s well known that many women have fertility treatment in their late 30s and early 40s to have a baby. (You've mentioned you became a ''good ivf candidate'') But if you’re in 40 and upwards age range, you're more likely not to be recommended attempting IVF with your own eggs. Although some women are still able to conceive naturally at this age, it’s a rare occurrence and success rates for IVF over the age of 40+ using own eggs is generally very poor. They will more likely to advise you the use of donor eggs to give you the best chance of a baby. If your partner is also older, it’s important to analyse his sperm to ensure there are no issues that could affect your chances of IVF success. A man’s fertility also declines as he ages. I'm 37 yrs old, currently undergoing DE ivf cycle at Biotexcom. Here's what I used to hear from all around as for getting prego being ''ripe age''. This was driving me mad..
It is sometimes claimed that children will be harmed if older mothers are allowed access to IVF. This might be because older mothers will not be able to meet the physical demands of lifting, playing with and caring for a small child. Also doctors sometimes worry about high rates of complications with pregnancy in older women. Older mothers do have higher rates of a number of medical problems during pregnancy. Including high blood pressure, diabetes, and premature labour. But most won’t. One study found that around 80% of women aged over 45 had no major medical problems during pregnancy and more than 80% gave birth at full term. I really didn't consider all those facts to be helpful for someone struggling. But where the egg donor is young, older women have the same sort of chances of success with IVF as younger women. Donor eggs also avoid the increased risks of major chromosomal problems in the baby (for example Down syndrome) that are seen in older mothers.
I suppose I'm telling all this 'cause I've got to donor egg myself. But if your dr feels well about using your own eggs then give it a try. Stay well and be blessed x
Milena2020 wrote:
IVF didn't worked for me. I tried IVF for 3 times. But it didn't worked for me. I also tried IUI but failed at it too. I have been to many doctors but they can't tell the reason behind my infertility. So now i have decided to go for surrogacy.I am infertile and there is no such reason behind my infertility.
I live in Bulgaria where surrogacy is prohibited. So we have to move to another state to get to a clinic regarding surrogacy. Like you i am also looking for surrogacy. I am learning from others people experience about surrogacy. Many people here are going towards surrogacy they some experience about it. Most of the couples have gone through surrogacy so they have some experience or feedback regarding it.
I have read from many people that Ukraine is very popular regarding surrogacy. Many people share their success stories of that clinic. I also watched some videos regarding surrogacy from that clinic.
Here is the link of the youtube channel of clinic you can have a look and get some idea from there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3wkbgaaXc2Xax...

Here are more links to add.
asiu.us
oursurrogacyblog.wordpress.com
The former is American couple's blog where they describe their whole journey for surrogacy overseas. They discuss every single matter. Costs, extra fees, waiting time frames, expectations and actual experience. There're loads of photos and interesting comments.
The latter is also a blog. A woman from the UK is talking about her surrogacy journey to biotexcom. She evaluates all pros and cons. I personally love reading blogs or comments on videos and articles about the clinic, not the official site. This way you cover yourself from attractive adds, watching the actual experience people have with the place.
I hope those are helpful.
Wishing everyone soon babydust!
Hey, honey. How are you? I hope you're doing alright. I'm really happy for you. I hope this works out. You have had a tough time. Age isn't on your side. But, it's great to see that you haven't lost hope. My prayers are with you. I really, really wish this happens! IVF is a really good procedure. Don't give up after a couple of tries. It could take up to more than just a few. Good luck to you! Don't forget to update us!
Sign in to follow this topic