Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. before we investigated IVF.I wish I'd realized that it discusses it.

before we investigated IVF.I wish I'd realized that it discusses it. Rss

Ladies, this link has been drawing my attention these days:https:///a-unique-method-to-get-pregnant-in-your-40s-with-your-own-eggs/ ~
''Women that went through multiple unsuccessful IVF attempts, as well as of older reproductive age, need to restore oocyte mitochondria in order to successfully become pregnant. A woman can become pregnant only if there are functionally active mitochondria in her oocytes. Donation of mitochondria will allow thousands of hopeless women to give birth to a healthy child through IVF using mitochondrial donation.
To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria (a blastocyst production rate of 70% or more), a patient (willing to get pregnant), and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte and integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed.
Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy.''
Doesn't this sound amazing?!!
Do any of you have experienced the method? What are your outcomes??
I seriously think we'd use it when time for baby#2 comes.
Hey, It is always better to share issues with other people. This is because in treatments like these there is a lot going on both mentally and physically. Even I made this mistake of not telling anyone and even not researching about my treatment. However, I learned from my mistake. It is very important to search for all the things. After this asking for advice is really important as well. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.
Andie.Berg wrote:
Hey, It is always better to share issues with other people. This is because in treatments like these there is a lot going on both mentally and physically. Even I made this mistake of not telling anyone and even not researching about my treatment. However, I learned from my mistake. It is very important to search for all the things. After this asking for advice is really important as well. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.

Will support this post with vivid example. This is my story leading to egg donation route. I'm a youngie of 36. And I've got only one ovary along with POF. Dr told us my amh level was/is quite low - 4 only. I already had a 2,7 yo kid conceived naturally. (Which makes things even more strange!) We've already tried taking supplements, acupuncture and some life changes. (I mean getting enough sleep, active rest, no the tiniest amount of alcohol, no cigarettes - nothing of this kind). But actually this made no changes to conceiving with #2. I can't find the right words for this, but it really bothered/bothers me, because our #1 was conceived unexpectedly easily and fast. And with #2 we've got these troubles..I was devastated and felt guilty for the myself with the issues. I've never thought I'd face this on day, really, lads. On the whole this is our 19th month of unsuccessful ttc leading us to egg donation route. ( As dr sees no point in using own egg at all). Well we all know about the benefits of using donor eggs with ivf. But in practice this procedure seems not that easy. And for the most part from emotional part. This usually takes time to get there. (You have to use another woman's eggs and there is nothing to do about it - would seem clear and easy. But NEVER is! I'm so tired of imagining my dh involved with a woman in making OUR baby!! Oh, gosh, that's so madly tough!!)
One thing is for sure, It took us, me actually months to accept the idea of egg donation. Moreover we decided to take this route with overseas biotexcom clinic which has high success rates (And more affordable prices than at home). My dh is a rock of support for me and I'm very thankful for this. I'm trying to browse the internet forums in order to find ladies with similar stroies for mutual support. Though that's not that easy. There are many strange people on boards wishing you not the best I'm afraid. Other ones are just superb to talk to and share worries. 
Ah, another thing I forgot to mention. I have an idential twin sister. She has 2 children. And she won't have more because her dh has had a vasectomy. So once we were considering using her eggs. (My sister is 39 years young). But this thought was even more disasterous for me, as it turned out to be. So we decided to move on with donor egg. We've already had our initial consultation with the clinic. I'll share on another thread probably. I'm sorry my post took that long. Just wanted to share and let some steam off. Using it more like a diary but would be extremelly glad to hear someone else's stories as well. Or a word of encouragements. Just sth which will make the path a bit easier. 
So this is how egg donation feels not in statistics but with live beinigs -xo. 
I wish less people to be to these infertility support boards. And more people to be on another side of this. We do deserve to have our little ones with less affort, but things happen..unfortunately.
Wishing the best to lovelies here.
smart_mother wrote:
I wish I'd realized that it discusses it.
"It was a lengthy, difficult experience of endeavoring—and losing—before we investigated IVF. A large portion of my pregnancies (there have been many) self-ended before the eight-week point. After tests, we understood I convey a chromosomal variation from the norm, which was likely why babies we created normally weren't creating as they should. IVF with preimplantation hereditary finding (PGD) was our solitary alternative in the event that I needed to wind up pregnant with my own sound kid and convey it to term.
I don't know there's anything anybody could have instructed me to help set me up—there are the infusions and medicines, at that point a few arrangements for blood tests and ultrasounds, and it's physically debilitating and difficult. Be that as it may, simply having the capacity to converse with somebody about it is useful. Everybody I know who's experienced IVF has had their own particular one of a kind affair. I wish I'd been more open to discussing it amid the first round, however, I didn't need anybody to know."

I've read a lot about PGD on forums. People react differently. But the majority seems to be for the procedure as there are more benefits than risks of it. PGD allows a fertility care team to determine if embryos are effected by a genetic disease. This information helps to know which embryos are best suited for transfer. And which ones are most likely to result in a healthy pregnancy. Understanding the benefits of PGD can help us to decide if this treatment option is best for our needs.
As far as we know, PGD is performed by removing a single cell from a developing embryo. Then the following is performed. The removed cell is thoroughly analyzed and evaluated to determine if a genetic disease exists. Once all embryos are tested, a healthy embryo is implanted in the mother. Other healthy embryos are usually stored for future use. Embryos that have a genetic disease are obviously not used for IVF.
So who benefits from PGD. While it can benefit all couples, there are certain groups of people that should consider having PGD done as a part of fertility treatment. Such individuals are more likely to have embryos with genetic diseases:
Who are known carriers for genetic diseases.
Who themselves have a chromosomal disorder.
Women who are over age 35.
Who have had multiple miscarriages.
Who have had multiple failed IVF cycles.
Couples who have a child with a genetic disease.
At Biotexcom we were explained a number of benefits of PGD including:
The ability to test for more than 100 genetic diseases!!
Identifying embryos that are of a poor quality and likely to result in miscarriage before implantation.
Peace of mind that the developing embryo is healthy and well suited for live birth.
Well, I was 36 and dh has the issues in his family. So we were seriously considering PGD testing at the clinic. Then we followed our dr's advice. As the time showed we did right..
I hope you're okay. How did your process go? Looks like it wasn't that good. But you weren't really clear about how it went. I hope it was a success. You need to realize that it doesn't work in the first attempt. It's very rare for it to work in the first attempt. IVF can take up multiple tries. I know a friend who managed to conceive on her fourth attempt. It is a complicated procedure. No doubt about it. I hope it works for you! So, don't lose hope! Good luck to you. Sending you lots of baby dust.
I am extremely sorry for the situation you are in. IVF is a very good treatment. It's provided so many benefits to so many. You definitely are a very strong person who dealt with all of this with such bravery. I hope your next cycle is successful. Hope for the best. Good luck. Prayers for you.

Best wishes, World Center of Baby
https://www.worldcenterofbaby.com

I agree. None of these procedures is easy. Everyone has different experiences. There are people who get multiple cycles done and it still doesn't work for them. So yeah its hard as IVF doesn't guarantee anything. But it still gives you a chance at pregnancy. And in the end, when you finally conceive, you'll know its worth it.
Sign in to follow this topic