Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

PCOS And IVF Lock Rss

A question based on the discussions on the forum. Hoping to get the answers based on real-life experiences. So the question is every time I visit this forum I got to hear about IVF and PCOS. Though I never had PCOS. But I am curious to know the facts behind. So every time I interacted on posts with people where they have been saying that IVF does work best with PCOS. And at the same point, some individuals found saying that they found IVF to be less effective in PCOS. And they had a number of IVF failed. What actually the fact is. I am confused now. I do believe that it completely depends on the situations. But what are the facts? It is that necessary for the people with PCOS have to go with IVF? Whats the ratio of the success?
Would love to hear the experiences and reviews. Let's get the discussion started.
Hi. I hope I can help you out here. IVF is for those people who have a healthy uterus but have a problem with fertilization due to no ovulation. A very healthy uterus is required for this procedure to work. Even in fertile couples, they don't conceive every time after copulation. I did some research on IVF too. I got to know that IVF is actually the best solution for women with PCOS. But even then, it doesn't always work the first time. There are better chances of IVF to work in the second cycle. The reason for this is unknown. IVF is useless for people who can't carry their child. They should go for surrogacy instead. Nowadays, IVF is being done in Ukraine at a very affordable price. There's no harm in TTC with IVF now.
Hello Ezabel. Can't thank you enough for starting this topic. It's really important to spread awareness. IVF is a good method. It has a high success rate. A lot of infertile couples opt for it. It's actually suggested as the best option for people suffering from PCOS. This is because they can't fertilize their own eggs. The fertilization in IVF is carried in a lab. That solves the problem. I hope this helps you understand. It's a safe process. I'd suggest it to anyone who has PCOS. There is no better alternative at this stage. We really are in debt of science, here.
No. It is not necessary for people with PCOS to go with IVF. But it is often said to be successful. The ratio of success is high. So i think that is the best option for you. Take care.
Hey. Yes, you are right. IVF is unpredictable. It sometimes works best for people PCOS. But in my sister's case, it was opposite. She was diagnosed with PCOS when she was young. She wanted to have a family but no luck. She went for IVF but failed. So, in the end, she decided to go for surrogacy. She has a daughter now.
Hello. Indeed, you are correct. IVF is painful. It works best for individuals PCOS. In my friend's case, it was inverse. She was determined to have PCOS when she was 17. Then she got married. They ttc for 4 years. PCOS was painful for her but it was in fate. She needed to have a family however no good fortune. She went for IVF yet fizzled. Along these lines, at last, she chose to go for surrogacy. She has a little girl now.
Hello! How are you? you are on the right forum. You raised an important topic. It is not a written thing that IVF always fails. It is a Good Thing. But sometimes it may not work. Healthy uterus support IVF. The first cycle of IVF is always risky. But the Second cycle has a stronger percentage of success. Due to some of these problems, Failure may occur. And these failures may cause the cycle length. I may become costly too. So surrogacy is the best option as compared to IVF. The success rate of surrogacy is satisfactory. I always work and helpful. God bless you. Take care.
I hope you are doing good. Well, the case differs for every individual. I am a victim of PCOS. My first cycle failed. Second failed too. I had lost all my hopes. On the contrary, my friend’s first cycle went successful. You can’t be really sure about what is going to happen. You must consult your doctor first, I am sure he can help you better in this regard.Each person suffering from PCOS or endometriosis has different symptoms and characters which makes it different for everyone. Therefore, it really annoys me when even doctors don’t look at your case individually. For certain people suffering from PCOS, IVF works after the 1st and 2nd cycle. Whereas certain patients don’t even need a fertility treatment to help them out. So it all really depends on the symptoms you are suffering through. Now looking at my condition I have had both these treatments and none of them worked for me. If they did work it resulted in an MC. This is what happens in DOR a really painful infertility disorder. I hope I was able to answer your question. Good luck.
Hello there! Well, yes. As per I've studied the relation to that. I'm a PCOS patient and an IVF candidate at a center in Kiev for July. Well, I'm 38. So, my chances are slightly low. Yes! Otherwise, stats refer that women around 35 do have around more than 60% chances of live birth. So, yes! Chances are pretty good. I'd definitely recommend it for others. I'm also hoping to get a successful result for myself. Just need good luck now. smile
Hey. Hope you are doing fine. The success rate of PCOS and IVF are not so high. I have had an infertility issue due to cervix incompetence disease so I chose to go for them. They didn't work for me. Later I decided to go for Surrogacy. It is a safe and secure technique. It is a way to make your dream of motherhood come true. There will be an obvious genetic connection to your baby with you. A surrogate mother is just a source. She just carries a pregnancy for another. Legally baby will be yours. I hope it would help, many infertile people.
Hey! thank you so much for such detailed answer. I found it very informative. That's what I was questioning about. There are certain things that have to be considered. Like what are the circumstances. But sometimes women with a healthy body or capability to conceive had IVF failed.
So what would you blame for that? There is nothing to do with the age. Or the sustaining pregnancy. Even she is having a fail IVF. So you see not every time age and healthy body matters. Sometimes certain things do matter that might go wrong. Like clinic staff or the circumstances.
Yes, these are the few things that are very important.
Hey there! I'm glad you started this thread. The fact is, it is said that IVF works best for people with PCOS. This is because, in PCOS, you can't fertilize your eggs. And IVF is all about fertilizing the eggs with sperm outside the body and then injecting the embryo in the uterus. Awareness is definitely essential. I don't have PCOS, but I did have my baby through an IVF treatment. Best wishes!
Sign in to follow this topic