Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

weight loss Rss

Hi everyone, I am 36 weeks pregnant & the last 3 or so weeks I have lost about 3 kgs ( I haven been dieting) the doctors say all is good, but a friend of mine said that could mean early labor!
Just wondering if anyone else has heard or experienced this?
Do you know why you have lost weight?

Sometimes bubs kind of squashes your tummy and you can't eat the same volume. I know I would think I was starving at about this atage of pregnancy, and then I'd have a couple of bites and feel stuffed.

It also depends on what you weigh and if you have weight to lose.

I know that I was a few kilos over weight (not obese), but weights the same at full term as I did before getting pregnant. I was still induced, so no early labour for me.

I don't eat as much at the moment with the heat & no room with bub.
I put on a couple of kg's at the beginning of my pregnancy but nothing major.
The doctors said everything is good with me & bub, so I am happy with that & not to worried, just wondered if any one else went through this in their pregnancy.
Thank you shelly grin
you don't have to worry about it, as long as you eat healthy food. Keep exercising. smile

Good luck to you!

smile

I will, thanks for that.smile
I had my bub a month ago and whilst I was pregnant with her I didn't put on any weight at all and like yourself lost a bit at the end but like everyone has said keep eating healthy food and keep moving and you will be fine smile

the only time you really need to be concerned is if you are putting the weight on and getting to the point of having gestational diabetes as that places stress on bubs.

But it sounds to me like you are doing perfectly fine and I wish you the best of luck for the birth smile

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post.
Only a couple of weeks to go!!!!
Good luck to everyone and their families.
you do not have to lose weight during pregnancy period. Just easy healthy and get enough mild exercise would be fine. Lose weight is the thing after you deliver the baby
you do not have to lose weight during pregnancy period. Just easy healthy and get enough mild exercise would be fine. Lose weight is the thing after you deliver the baby
Sign in to follow this topic