Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Baby Showers - guys and girls

Baby Showers - guys and girls Rss

Hello smile
im a new member here and pregnant with my first child. Im starting to think about my baby shower and just wanted to see what others have done I guess. I want to have a guys and girls one, more of a family celebration type thing but am getting a bit nervous about organising it. I have quite a small family, but my husband has a huge family. I have more to do with his family than my own so would really love to invite everyone to celebrate our baby, as I know they will be a big part of the babies life.

any ideas on what sort of thing I could do smile
thanks

Lots of couples throw baby q's (BBQ) instead of a traditional female only shower. Just some food and drinks and general celebration. If your on Pinterest, have a look for some ideas.

I didnt get one, I've thrown 4 for friends and they all chose to forget mine...yes I suggested one on several occasions but everyone was too busy to help. I got married a month before bub born and lets just say there were some not invited.

I do love the baby q idea smile

My MIL and Mum threw one together for me. It was a sort of high tea style afternoon tea and my Mum found some baby related games online. All I had to do really was tell MIL who to send invites to.

Would have enjoyed a mixed family thing but was nice to do something girly for once. All the men that needed something to do (mostly my in laws) went blueberry picking!

Baby Q sounds really awesome grin

Love the baby Q idea. thats so great smile thank you.
I will probably be having it in October so the weather should be good by then too.

Tarajs01 wrote:
I didnt get one, I've thrown 4 for friends and they all chose to forget mine...yes I suggested one on several occasions but everyone was too busy to help. I got married a month before bub born and lets just say there were some not invited.

I do love the baby q idea smile

That sucks, cant belive they didnt do one for you sad
I too would have "fogotten" a few people off my wedding invites too, good on you.

I ended up having a family only female baby shower at a friends house. I sent invites through facebook as it was very last minute and we had a few games like guess when the baby will come and how big i was and they all brought a small something for us. It was like a afternoon tea with sammies and cakes and tea for those that drink it and coffee for those that don't.

This time we are looking at having a bigger baby shower with a sex reveal and both guys and girls more of a celebration of our family then a baby shower. I will be making the invites this time and it will be summer so we will be able to have more a bbq.
Sign in to follow this topic