Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. back pain keeping me up at night!!

back pain keeping me up at night!! Rss

This is probably more of a vent then a question, but did anyone else get back pain during their last trimester that kept them up at night and where was it hurting the most? im 34+2 weeks and im finding it very hard to get to sleep and stay asleep. I am so tired.and no amount of napping or sleep ins help. My feet look like balloons, ive got pain that radiates through my entire back(mostly lower+shoulder blades) and ive got muscle knots up and down my spine and throughout my shoulders. its currently 3am and i havnt slept yet as my back hurts so much i cant get comfortable enough to get to sleep. Had a 3 D ultrasound yesterday which revealed a breech positioned hairy big footed baby with a big chubby head and now im freaking out that my little man is going to be too big to have naturally:-( if theres one thing im afraid of about labour apart from things going wrong it is getting a c-section! been a big sooky la la the last week or so started crying when i dropped a spoon that i just picked up the other day lol!
I'm sorry about the back pain and lack of sleep sad I don't have any real advice just wanted to say hi and commiserate on the lack of sleep thing, I couldn't sleep til late and now wide awake after a frightful dream. I get back pain and sometimes there's no position to get into that's comfty but it doesn't usually keep me awake so not bad like yours. Sorry bub is breech though, what is the advice you're getting about that? Will they wait to see if baby turns?
I have a checkup on friday so will have to have a chat to the midwife then and see what she says. Will have to chat to her about the back pain to as despite my partner giving me backrubs it only seems to help relieve temporarily now say over just a few hours were as it a couple weeks ago it was an entire day of relief!
I hope the midwife can help then I wonder what is causing it to be so bad. Must be awful with no relief. Sending you good vibes for baby to do a backflip and be head down so you can avoid the c section.
I know it sounds weird but I actually found sleeping on the lounge helped sometimes. Back pain sucks, hope he isn't too big for you and you can deliver naturally. They kept thinking my dd was big for her gestational age but I went into labour at 36+3 and had a healthy 2.87kg bub, so whilst big for her gestation she was tiny and delivered easy. Fingers crossed for you!

im guessing its from excessive weight gain. i only gained 7kgs up until 28 weeks and in the past 6 weeks alone ive put on 11kgs. no idea were all this weight has come from cuz ive been eating so healthy and moving alot more due to the swelling in my feet and legs. Dont know what im doing wrong even the dietician i saw today said there wasnt much advice she could give apart from changing little things like hilo milk instead of full cream watch my portion sizes and eat as much veggies as i can:-/
Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor? I have to crack my back a few times a day or I wouldn't be able to walk by lunch although its getting harder so me to do it myself with a gut in the way but the relief I get from doing it is a amazing!! I would say maybe worth booking in and having a go to see if you get relief from it..

The benefits from exercising may be more of a result from general movement & leisure time rather than specific techniques. That’s why I generally recommend people choose the most accessible & affordable option, the one they enjoy doing the most & obviously one that doesn’t aggravate there back pain

babymumma_420 wrote:
This is probably more of a vent then a question, but did anyone else get back pain during their last trimester that kept them up at night and where was it hurting the most? im 34+2 weeks and im finding it very hard to get to sleep and stay asleep. I am so tired.and no amount of napping or sleep ins help. My feet look like balloons, ive got pain that radiates through my entire back(mostly lower+shoulder blades) and ive got muscle knots up and down my spine and throughout my shoulders. its currently 3am and i havnt slept yet as my back hurts so much i cant get comfortable enough to get to sleep. Had a 3 D ultrasound yesterday which revealed a breech positioned hairy big footed baby with a big chubby head and now im freaking out that my little man is going to be too big to have naturally:-( if theres one thing im afraid of about labour apart from things going wrong it is getting a c-section! been a big sooky la la the last week or so started crying when i dropped a spoon that i just picked up the other day lol!

We had similar issue with my wife. I am a professional hockey player and back my gets injured all he time. My doctor offered my to use hemp oil during the games, to reduce level of pain. My wife is also using this treatment. Here is an information about it https://www.payspi.org/cbd-hemp-oil-for-pain-re.... I can tell you that it is a normal thing, so you should not worry about it!
Sign in to follow this topic