Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Obstetric Cholestasis Rss

Hi,
I am 35 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and was diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis 2 weeks ago.
This is the most hideous thing I have ever had to deal with. I am so itchy that I cant sleep at night so have been lying on the cold leather lounge suite with my feet in a container of cold water. It is better during the day but I am so tired that any energy I have is put into making sure my 2 year old is not destroying anything.
Does anyone have any advice for products preferably natural that can help with the itching? Im starting to look like I have been mauled by a lion!
I get this and tried every thing I swear with my last 2 pregnancies and nothing would work for too long. Every thing was very short term relief unfortunately. And it strikes more at night which sucks quite bad!!! Some of the things that can help is asking your doctor for some allergy relief tablets ( I took 2 different types with my pregnancies.. A strong one for night and a weaker one for the day), cold showers, calamoline lotion (Very short term relief but feels amazing when being sprayed on and you look god awful after lol)...
Lol ohh god I have just got a mental block about the topic now!!! I might have to get back to you when my brain decides to come back lol

I still havnt found anything that works real well though, like I said I only got very short relief from all the things I was doing and only delievering baby will help!!

Sign in to follow this topic