Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Feels like I'm walking through mud?!

Feels like I'm walking through mud?! Lock Rss

So I'm 22 weeks pregnant and in the last week I've been getting exhausted. So much so that yesterday I ran up the curb whilst driving down the dual carriage way. I do not make those types of mistakes. I feel like I'm in a haze most afternoons.

The worst part is that I feel like I'm trying really hard to get my body moving but it wont get going. It's like walking though mud, your dragging your feet but the mud stops them moving.

Also, when I do walk (even through the supermarket) my bub seems to move down really low and after a while it gets very uncomfortable and sometimes sore.

Anyone else experienced this?
I'm going to call my nurse on monday and ask her what she thinks.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Oh dear sad Are you taking iron supplements? You could be low. Hope it gets better!

This was a double so I've edited it to reply to skippy. smile

I remember feeling sluggish and heavy after 30 weeks with dd, but it didn't effect my driving. I also had pre eclampsia with dd so I thought this one might feel easier? Maybe im just a wishful thinker! Lol.
Your a week in front of me right?
At my 20 week ultrasound bub was in an odd position and the sonographer couldn't get alot of the measurements he needed so my nurse rang and said ill have to go back so I was thinking of seeing if I can move my appointment forward as the waiting list for ultrasounds is usually long. I think maybe now im feeling like this ill definitely call to arrange it sooner.
Its odd because if I have a nap in the arvo its worse. So I dont think its lack of sleep.

Anyway how's your bump? Do you have a nickname for it? I call mine Fergus fetus. Lol.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Duckie.M.B wrote:
hope the next 18 weeks get a bit better for you noddy!

xxx

Thanks chick. smile

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Tripple

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Anirtak wrote:
Oh dear sad Are you taking iron supplements? You could be low. Hope it gets better!

I had trouble with taking supplements. They were making my throw up. So after trying a few I stopped fir around a month and have been back on elevit for a month now. When I wasn't taking them I was taking foliate, caltrate d and iron and have continued everything but the foliate. Last time I went to the doc I asked about odd cravings I had and he said its usually related to low iron but my tests showed I had enough for three people!

So now im just confused. Maybe if I can get to see him sooner ill ask if he can check again.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Anirtak wrote:

I had trouble with taking supplements. They were making my throw up. So after trying a few I stopped fir around a month and have been back on elevit for a month now. When I wasn't taking them I was taking foliate, caltrate d and iron and have continued everything but the foliate. Last time I went to the doc I asked about odd cravings I had and he said its usually related to low iron but my tests showed I had enough for three people!

So now im just confused. Maybe if I can get to see him sooner ill ask if he can check again.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Skippy And The Greek wrote:
Lol.Weird things happening to you huh! I definatly think you should try and move your appt foward. You just don't sound normal at all. Hopefully it's nothing serious though. (This new Huggies is rediculous for following threads. I was waiting to see how you were in this one and didn't realise it had been replied to and i see it now and it's been replied to heaps. Bloody Huggies changes lol)Are there any developments today? Feeling same or worse? My bump is doing ok. Baby seems happy. My body doesn't love the pregnancy LOL. But other than the varicose pain i'm actually not feeling too bad. Might be pre-natal but meh. laugh laugh laughFergus Fetus LMAO. What a name!!! What made you come up with that LOL. I just call my baby by her name. When i'm not calling her my Fetus. wink

Lol, thanks I'm "not normal" lol. just kidding. I will ring tuesday (public holiday monday here) and see about moving my appointment forward.

I'm glad you're not feeling too bad. Today I've been alot better than I have been so hope that's a good sign.

Well fergus and fetus both start with "f". lol. We can't decide on a name and I don't want to call baby a name because then I might have a girl instead of a boy, or accidently say it in front of one of my family members who don't wanna know what I'm having until bubs is born. AGGHH! maybe thats why I'm exhausted? too much dodging around other people!

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I had weeks on & off like that throughout my pregnancy. It would come and go, and in the last couple months I'd started to feel human again. It was around the middle of pregnancy like you are.

I eventually told myself that those weeks must be when bubs was having a growth spurt and was taking it out of me... because that was the only way that made me stop feeling sorry for myself so that I could push myself to get on with my day!

The body is a strange thing. Hopefully this passes for you soon. Keep on with your vitamins and take note of what your blood pressure is next visit. Pretty sure mine was due to my bp being in my boots, and most of the time the midwife won't say anything to you unless she's concerned when taking it. In your orange book out of curiosity - what was your last bp?

chalys 'n' J wrote:
I had weeks on & off like that throughout my pregnancy. It would come and go, and in the last couple months I'd started to feel human again. It was around the middle of pregnancy like you are.

I eventually told myself that those weeks must be when bubs was having a growth spurt and was taking it out of me... because that was the only way that made me stop feeling sorry for myself so that I could push myself to get on with my day!

The body is a strange thing. Hopefully this passes for you soon. Keep on with your vitamins and take note of what your blood pressure is next visit. Pretty sure mine was due to my bp being in my boots, and most of the time the midwife won't say anything to you unless she's concerned when taking it. In your orange book out of curiosity - what was your last bp?

Its funny u should say that because I was thinking last week that my bump seemed to of gotten suddenly bigger. But like u said maybe I was just trying to make myself feel better.

I dont have an orange book. What is it? I dont get a copy of the nurses notes and if I wanna know my bp or weight I have to ask. But I have low blood pressure when im not pregnant. Not dangerously or medicated just go through random periods of giddiness and headaches that my doc has noticed my blood pressure drops fir no apparent reason. Shrug. Maybe im crazy.

I need to figure out how to stop autocorrect changing for to fir.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Oh - in SA we are given an orange book that we take to all appointments. They write in it everything they've checked and any reminder notes etc.

Just ask at your next appt.

If it is your bp they will tell you to drink more water. I tried this and it didn't work, but what DID work was after I saw a different dr due to mine being away - she told me to drink the purple gatorade, one a day - because it has half your daily recommended salt intake in it. Salt helps you to retain fluid in your tissues rather than peeing out all the extra water you drink, and therefore bumps your bp up. I felt HEAPS better once I started having them. Mine was always low before pregnancy too, but for some reason went even lower for the entire time.

I definately noticed my bump growing around those times - but I have no proof that is what caused it. Who knows!!

Sign in to follow this topic