Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

constipation Lock Rss

Going buy baked. Beans. Mutligrain bread.

I'm drinking plenty of water going to bathroom every 20mins Pregnancy bladder.
Sleeping with pillow under bottom as I'm in pain. Can't really. Sit either. sad very uncomfortable
I ate two oranges. Last night was hoping. They would help. Going shopping when Casey wakes up

Other ideas please need help
I have found that kiwicruch or kiwi fruit helps.
Also light exercise. bikeriding or walking.

Hope it isn't lasting for to long. with your GD you need to eat as much high grains high fibour and low GI foods as you can anyway.
Do you eat brown rice or wholemeal pasta?

You might like to look up the Glycenmic index as this will help you with GD foods.
Hope thing settle down soon I hate that feeling.

I have found that kiwicruch or kiwi fruit helps.
Also light exercise. bikeriding or walking.

Hope it isn't lasting for to long. with your GD you need to eat as much high grains high fibour and low GI foods as you can anyway.
Do you eat brown rice or wholemeal pasta?

You might like to look up the Glycenmic index as this will help you with GD foods.
Hope thing settle down soon I hate that feeling.

I do eat brown rice & whole meal pasta need get more in shopping asap all out.

Don't like kiwi fruit.

Thanks. For hints cheers
Could also try licorice or pear juice. Apparantly that's good for helping. And that disgusting All Bran cereal they make. That's full of fibre.
Just had bake beans on mutligrain toast. Followed by 1litre of water. Hope it helps.
Dried apricots, I think you can use metamucil as well in pregnancy, but don't take my word for it

Dried apricots, I think you can use metamucil as well in pregnancy, but don't take my word for it
don't like apricots. But if they work I buy some next I'm down town.
I will ask my doctor. About metamucil. Before I use it. Cheers
Man did I suffer with this early on this pergnancy.

I tried so much but hardly anything worked I ended up with a scrpt for lactualose and psyllium which is a bit like metamucil its a fibre thing my midwife did script for me and it helped but only if i kept taking it.

GP didnt want me on the lactulose stuff for long as its basically like a sugary syrup but its very safe and ok to take the psyllium powder a couple of times a day just make sure you drink heaps of water with it and when it resolves itself still keep taking it or i found it came back again id have a few days then get lazy with it and then end up constipated again. You can take this troughout your whole pregnancy and when your not pregnant. You can get it from the health shop and chemist too but in NZ its sometimes cheaper on a script.

I used kiwicrush every day but didnt find it great didnt really work neither did prunes.

Eat as many vegetables and as much fruit as you can but stay away from bananas as they can do the opposite.

I really really hope you feel better soon, it can be the most horrible thing no joke twice I thought I was going to have to call an ambulance to take me to hospital because of it.

Gave me a new appreciation for my nana complaining when she was here that it took her so long to get out in the mornings as she needed to allow time to go to the toilet, I use to be like whatever take some fibre youll be right well that came back to bite me on the bum, literally lol smile
My ob recommended metamucil - I had some every day. Worked a treat. You do have to make sure you drink enough water but sounds like you are doing that!
I brought 3 tins of bake beans I figure eat half tin per day. Should help.

Drinking loads of water today alone I drunk 6. 750mls already

Something. Got to work soon
When I was pregnant, I took Metamucil tablets. The midwife said it was fine as long as I drank lots of water too. She also said if I felt I needed to, take a couple of coloxyl tablets as per directions on the bottle - not coloxyl with senna though!!

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

If the beans don't fix it, you could try something more drastic - prune juice. It doesn't taste particularly great (it's really sweet) but it really works. You can buy it in the tetra pack juice section of the supermarket and it comes in little glass bottles. A full bottle will probably sort you out within 24 hours, if it's a long term problem half a bottle a day.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Sign in to follow this topic