Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Have you NOT seen your baby until a later scan?

Have you NOT seen your baby until a later scan? Lock Rss

I have posted this in another area also as I am so worried and I guess I am just looking for some reassuraning success stories!

I am looking for hope! My 6 week 4 day scan showed just an empty gestational sac that was 12mm. My 7 week 4 day scan showed a gestational sac that was 14mm (only 2mm growth and it should grow 1mm a day). But this time it had a yolk in it but still no baby. They said that with the lack of growth of my gestational sac and hcgs only slowly rising that it's likely a blighted ovum and I will need a d&c.

I thought a blighted ovum is supposed to have nothing it in (I have the yolk)

I am having one last scan tomorrow (8 weeks 4 days) to confirm.

There is no way I am any less than what I think I am because I know when we did the deed and I felt the implantation also.

I haven't been told that I have a tilted uterus but whenever I have a pap smear they always have trouble with the position of my cervix and trying to view it. I have heard that a tilted uterus can "hide" the baby and make you look less that what you are until later on in the pregnancy.

Any hopeful stories? I understand a fetal pole and heartbeat is usually seen when I had my first scan so please, I would love to hear from people who have either had a blighted ovum or seen their baby in a later scan.

Thankyou so much xxx
You must be very worried - I haven't experienced this personally, but have heard of babies hiding sometimes. I hope your scan tomorrow will show that this is the case, and that your pregnancy will progress as it should from there.

All the best!
Hi there,

I can completely understand your worry. I had a slightly similar scare, I had a dating scan at which I thought I was 8 weeks, when he did the u/s there was only a sac visible - my heart just sank! They ended up doing an internal ultrasound which showed that I had a retroverted uterus which made it impossible to see baby that early (it dated me as being roughly 7 weeks). DS2 is now 12 weeks old smile

Did they do an internal u/s on you?

I really hope all turns out ok

Xx
Sign in to follow this topic