Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. hyperemesis..... im struggling to cope

hyperemesis..... im struggling to cope Lock Rss

hi girls,

this is bub number 2 and i had HG with my first until 1 week after i gave birth. i was on zofran everyday and was hospitalised 14 times during the pregnancy.... most of these times in the beginning because doctors shrugged it off as normal morning sickness and i wasnt medicated properly.

im 7 weeks 4 days and with a 3 yo to look after this time im DYING!!!!. all i do is fight with my husband because hes not doing enough to fill my shoes and pick up the slcak, we are counting our pennies due to spending roughly $120 a week on zofran and iv had to leave my jpb. im still ending up in hospital 1 or 2 times a week due to dehydration.... im on the highest dose of zofran i can be on, vitamin b6 and my multis and i still feel nautious every second of my existence and i vomit all the time.....

i swear to go im going to murder the next person that tells me to just focus on the baby im getting in the end, or that they had "bad morning sickness and to try dry biscuits blah blah blah"
i havent left my house in 3 weeks except to go to the hospital or doctors for another prescription....

i dont know if i can do this anymore.....
Oh my gosh, that sounds terrible. Is zofran the only option? Could there be other anti-nausea drug that might work better? Maxalon? I'm with you regarding the 'helpful' suggestions of ginger etc - um yeah wish it worked! I have no suggestions but just wanted to say that I hope it all works out, and I guess you just have to get through one horrid day at a time.

GBH! U r not alone. I was great my first pregnancy but my second (whom I gave birth to 6wks ago) was terrible I was sick everyday from the minute I got pregnant jsut like u vomitting all the time being constantly admitted to hospital due to dehydration and I had very low blood pressure which made me faint all the time too-I even went into labour at 31wks n had to be rushed to the royal womens in brisbane on the RFDS and they did manage to stop it after nearly 24hrs thankfully n I didnt have him til I was 5 days over due. I had 6 false labours from the first at 31wks until I finally delievered him plus being sick all the time-I ended up on Ondanzetron Zydas wafers (I think thats how its spelt) n they are $10 each n made for kemotherapy patients but was the only thing that helped me and as we couldnt afford them all the time i just had to take maxolon n put up with it-I brokedown sooo many times and it brought all my depression back being soo sick and even now im majorly struggling with PND as i thought everything would be perfect after i had him coz im not sick but now i cant cope with the 2 kids. I honestly have no idea how I survived the pregnancy there were so many times wehn i thought i wouldnt but somehow i did. Somehow you will too even tho it doesnt feel like it N i didnt believe anyone when they told me id get thru it either so i dont blame u if u dont believe me but i have been in ur shoes and i was at home with my 3yr old the entire pregnancy too-find a good babysitter-my daughter spent alot of nights at her grandparents (im lucky as they are both in town) to give me some rest-and maybe think about puttin them in daycare too if u dont have alot of help then at least u can rest during the day-u do need all the rest u can get and men r hopeless at helping i learnt that the hard way. GBH and PM me if you want someone to talk to xoxo

GBH! U r not alone. I was great my first pregnancy but my second (whom I gave birth to 6wks ago) was terrible I was sick everyday from the minute I got pregnant jsut like u vomitting all the time being constantly admitted to hospital due to dehydration and I had very low blood pressure which made me faint all the time too-I even went into labour at 31wks n had to be rushed to the royal womens in brisbane on the RFDS and they did manage to stop it after nearly 24hrs thankfully n I didnt have him til I was 5 days over due. I had 6 false labours from the first at 31wks until I finally delievered him plus being sick all the time-I ended up on Ondanzetron Zydas wafers (I think thats how its spelt) n they are $10 each n made for kemotherapy patients but was the only thing that helped me and as we couldnt afford them all the time i just had to take maxolon n put up with it-I brokedown sooo many times and it brought all my depression back being soo sick and even now im majorly struggling with PND as i thought everything would be perfect after i had him coz im not sick but now i cant cope with the 2 kids. I honestly have no idea how I survived the pregnancy there were so many times wehn i thought i wouldnt but somehow i did. Somehow you will too even tho it doesnt feel like it N i didnt believe anyone when they told me id get thru it either so i dont blame u if u dont believe me but i have been in ur shoes and i was at home with my 3yr old the entire pregnancy too-find a good babysitter-my daughter spent alot of nights at her grandparents (im lucky as they are both in town) to give me some rest-and maybe think about puttin them in daycare too if u dont have alot of help then at least u can rest during the day-u do need all the rest u can get and men r hopeless at helping i learnt that the hard way. GBH and PM me if you want someone to talk to xoxo

the ondansetron is another name for zofran wafers im on, i understand what u mean about the cost thats what we are struggling with atm too. thanks, for ur words and congrats on surviving ur pregnancy.. it must have been tough

Oh my gosh, that sounds terrible. Is zofran the only option? Could there be other anti-nausea drug that might work better? Maxalon? I'm with you regarding the 'helpful' suggestions of ginger etc - um yeah wish it worked! I have no suggestions but just wanted to say that I hope it all works out, and I guess you just have to get through one horrid day at a time.

zofran is the only thing that works, its the holy grale of anit nausea meds and given to chemotherapy patients. its actually also ironic that im one of the really unlucky people to get hyperemesis but im also allergic to maxalon and stemetil. iv been prescribed fenergun injections and a few other things but nothing really has any effect.

I feel for you. I wasn't as bad as what you are but did end up in hospital, I'm hoping that when we decided to have number 2 it won't be a repeat performance.
Just take it one meal at a time, I found custard good it would go down easily and if it came back up it wasn't too bad.
I wanted to punch every single person in the face who said oh just have some ginger or make sure you have a cracker before you get up - if only it was that simple!
I think that's the thing when its your first aswell you kinda go oh everyone gets morning sickness but you never actually realise that its not to the same extent.
can you go on another med aswell as the one your on? I know a friend who was on 3 types as she was really bad.
I've also heard acupuncture can help if you haven't already tried it.
Hope you improve soon!!!

i havent tried custard but iv never been a fan, i might try it anyway... cant hurt right lol. i find a smoothy or boost juice is soooo refreshing and nice when it goes down and not too painful when it comes back up thankgod.
Sign in to follow this topic