Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Can anyone tell me Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,

I went for a routine 34 week antenatal appointment today and the midwife wrote on my card "VX LOC" as the position of the baby and "4/5 with an up arrow" for wether the babies head is engaged or not...does anyone know what these terms mean? I've looked on google but nothing.

Thanks.
4/5 means that bubs head is four fifths above the 'brim' ie one fifth engaged, so slowy dropping down, in a few weeks it should go to 3/5 then 2/5 etc but bab can come back up then go down so its just to give the MW a rough idea that your bub is moving into position. im straining here but i think VX LOC means head down left side presenting..so bubs spine was laying along your left side at the time of the app but im not sure sorry
Vx means that baby is head down!
LO means Left Occipito which refers to position of the crown of the baby head (occiput) in relation to your body.
C means head down also

So I think this means bub is head down and to the left. I'm guessing you can feel bubs back along your left side.
Hi there HARRISMMUMY'S, My name is Agnes i am 34 and i read in a post from last year dec 2010 in the blacktown forum you have an 8 year old and now i guess 1 year old and preggers almost due congrats i also have an 8 year old girld and my son just turned 1 Sept 21 we moved to Seven Hills last year in Dec actually and i am looking to meet some friends for me and my daughter actually who would desperatly love someone to hang out with i was wondering if you would like to get together sometime let me know. smile

If anyone else also is interested i am all for making new friends and so are my kiddies.

email - a.anasta@hotmail.com

Hi Ladies,

I went for a routine 34 week antenatal appointment today and the midwife wrote on my card "VX LOC" as the position of the baby and "4/5 with an up arrow" for wether the babies head is engaged or not...does anyone know what these terms mean? I've looked on google but nothing.

Thanks.

Love your profile pic! Thats really cool.
Sign in to follow this topic