Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Just a "I Cant Sleep, So Uncomfortable..." whinge...

Just a "I Cant Sleep, So Uncomfortable..." whinge... Lock Rss

Hey..

Last night and today I have been sooo uncomfortable (well more than usual). I cant sit down, slouch, sit upright, lay in bed - on either side or sitting up... I just need to keep moving, I feel so restless! But im soo tired cause I cant rest!

Tonight, I was laying in bed, and I felt something sticky on my arm as it brushed past my boob (sleep commando hehe)... One boob,has decided tonight, it wants to leak... I thought I was going to make it through this pregnancy without leaky boobs!! And while Im going on the "too much info" conversation... the last two days I have always felt slightly wet or damp down there.. like ive just discharged or it may be my show. But there has been NOTHING... except a bit of normal white discharge.

So tonight I thought, maybe with all my aches & pains, plus constantly feeling the urge to pee, hot flushes, and a random fast heart beat, plus my above TMI issues... COULD THIS BE THE START?!?! Im sooooo anxious for this to all get going, I feel every twinge, tingle, pain, movement thinking is this it? is this it!

Sorry for my vent... its late, im tired & exhausted, hubby is at work and I had no one else to blab too....

Oh, and another reason im so anxious.. two of my girlfriends had their babies today, so im the last out of about 7 in a month!! Just want it to be my turn!!!! Lol
You poor thing... I feel your pain sad

I have had every single symptom you have written and thought the same thing, is this it???

Unfortunately I was feeling like that at 39 weeks and here I sit at 41 weeks going insane waiting for labour to start!!!

My boobs have been leaking since about 25 weeks and sometimes I leak that much that it dries while I'm asleep and I get stuck to my sheets lol.. Then not to mention peeing every 2 mins, heartburn when I lay down, baby pressing my insides when I sit up and if I'm on my feet too long my legs go tingley and itchy!!!

I want to find the person that decided to say pregnancy is glamorous and kick them lol... There is nothing glamorous about this except the little bundle we get at the end...

The only up side I have is that I'm the first of 5 friends to go lol the others still have ages smile

I hope you start to feel better soon and end up getting some rest smile

Good luck xxxxxxx
Yep I hear both of you and to top it all off I have a husband who could rattle windows with his snoring. I woke at 4.30am to pee of course and now he is snoring so much and I'm so wide awake I just cant sleep. I tried moving out into the lounge to get some sleep but I can still here him like I was in the same room and now I have bad heartburn and the cat is going mental. Argh!!!!

Oh well might go and make some pancakes for breaky for when DD wakes up
Oh i feel your pain ladies.
Thankfully mine i no longer have it, but it is still fresh in my mind.
I was almost 38 weeks when i had my very large twins and from 24 weeks, i didnt sleep (i think they were preparing me for when they were born) I couldnt move without pain.
I totally agree with the statement "pregnancy is not glamorous" if anyone saw me or heard me in the last weeks of my pregnancy.. they would agree. I grunted and groaned just to get off the couch. I cried when i would get up out of the bed, because everything hurt so much.
You go ahead and have a winge hun, you are well within your rights, lol.
And OMG 41 weeks, why are you not ripping your doctors intestines through their throat?

Hi,

I can also feel your pain. Its all happening to me also... but i guess the only thing that helps is knowing that its not long to go till bub is here and all the uncomfortableness, pains etc will be gone.
Unfortunatly the one thing that will remain is my hubands snoring lol but i've learnt to put up with that so its all good haha.

I'm booked in for a c-section on the 22nd so its only 5 or so days to go for me, although i think its 5 days too long lol.

All the best for you and hope bub come soon or you at least get some rest before he/she arrives
Hehehe I soooo wanna kick that person too! I told my hubby about that comment and he laughed!! This pregnancy has been FAR from glamorous lol

Im glad that im not the only one... it gives me a little more satisfaction knowing someone else out there is just as whingey as me! We are allowed!!!!!

I had my full term docs app today and bub is fully engaged.. so hopefully it wont be long! I had a good whinge to my dr about what I wrote in the post and she basically said... Yep its all part of it lol "just keep changing positions" she said, I figure my list of positions is running very thin with a moving basketball in front of me hahaha

Only good advice she gave me was "Intercourse should help" hahaha so of course we had to obey Drs orders..

I hope all you expecring mummies have your bubbas soon!! Thanks for listening to me whinge too grin
I dont mind joining in on a good whinge lol I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like an oversized punching bag smile

My hospital lets you go 10 days over before they will even consider booking you in to be induced (unless of course lives are at risk with mum and bub) so I have no choice but to wait.. Im booked to be induced on Monday and go to the hospital Sunday for the gel so not long now thank god!!!

I have been getting dull period type pain sporadically all day today so MAYBE just MAYBE this baby is deciding to come.... We can only hope smile smile

Xxxx
Sooo since ive got some good listeners in here... just another question about the one thing that got us into this situation.. SEX!!! LOL

So today the obst, her words were "intercourse helps"... so naturally we obeyed drs orders when we got home hehe!

Ive googled sex to bring on labour and what ppl say about it, but I thought Id ask you ladies...
Has it worked for you? But more importantly, did you have your "show" before you had sex or did that come after, or what.. no one mentions their show, everyone just says.. i had sex and a few hours/days later labour started.. hehe

Sorry im a first time mum and im too impatient for my own good!! smile
Well...............

Can someone remind me what sex is???

Haha no I'm kidding but my DP was/ is never keen on sex knowing that his daughter is in there!! I think we have done 'the deed' a total of maybe 4 times throughout my entire pregnancy, which sucks but I can handle it smile

So sorry but I can't help u with this one lol... Maybe that's why I'm so far overdue.. Damn you DP it's all your fault haha!!

As for my show (without the sex) I had a stretch & sweep last Friday and had a bloody show/mucous at 6am on the sunday and....... It's almost 1 week later And no baby sad the hospital offered me another internal this morning but I said no lol I told her that I wasn't really keen on the discomfort and besides it's only 4 days till D-day smile

I'm a first timer too so it's pretty exciting smile

Xx
Its the sperm and the orgasm that does it... you need a contracting uterus (which you can always do yourself ladies wink ) and the gels they use to induce you are basically sperm anyway.
I found nothing worked with my pregnancies.
I waddled around in pain with my twins, no doctor would help induce. So i was booked in for C-sec on the Thursday and 11pm on the Wednesday night, my waters finally break. But both babies heads went into my pelvis at the same time, which resulted in emergency c-sec cos they couldnt find twin 2's heartbeat.
Start skipping ladies lol

Well...............

Can someone remind me what sex is???

Haha no I'm kidding but my DP was/ is never keen on sex knowing that his daughter is in there!! I think we have done 'the deed' a total of maybe 4 times throughout my entire pregnancy, which sucks but I can handle it smile

So sorry but I can't help u with this one lol... Maybe that's why I'm so far overdue.. Damn you DP it's all your fault haha!!

As for my show (without the sex) I had a stretch & sweep last Friday and had a bloody show/mucous at 6am on the sunday and....... It's almost 1 week later And no baby sad the hospital offered me another internal this morning but I said no lol I told her that I wasn't really keen on the discomfort and besides it's only 4 days till D-day smile

I'm a first timer too so it's pretty exciting smile

Xx

Hehehe Did you get offered the S&S?? I had my full term check up today and my obst didnt say anything about it. I have to see a male obs on monday so Im not sure If I want him to do that.. :S

I have had the same feeling, today i figured... do it when bubs asleep!!! Its not moving then and doesnt feel as weird!!! LOL
Haha I don't think it's cos bub is moving.. He was ok with it up until my tummy got bigger because if he was to face me he would obviously see the bump and if he can't see it he can still feel it if you kno what I mean lol!!! Being in his 20's and the first bub probably doesn't help!!'

Umm yeah when I went for my full term antenatal appt the doc told me she wanted to do an internal to see how things are going.. It seemed like it was a mandatory thing?? She then booked my induction in the same visit even tho I was only one day over (of course she booked it for 10 days later tho) and she also booked me in to have 2 CTG 's which I had the first one this morning (CTG is the monitor that measures bubs heartbeat and if your having any contractions) and I have another one on sat smile

The doc told me they would do an internal with the CTG so that's why I asked the midwife and she said I can do one if you want but you don't have to... Which I opted not to, I feel certain that this baby won't come even if I did have sex or a second
S&S...

My little baby ain't comin till the doctor gives her an eviction notice lol or I figure she will come sat because DP will be 2hrs away for the night.. Hmmm we will see smile

Haha wow I have crapped on a bit... Sorry smile
Sign in to follow this topic