Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Why am i so paranoid? Rss

Hi all..
I know that its normal to think about the health of your unborn baby but im starting to think im just way to paranoid!

I am 30weeks with 2nd DD..

I remember worrying with DD1 that something might go wrong, shes not healthy etc..

but this time!
for some reason i cant stop thinking something is seriously wrong!?
i mean i feel bubs move (not as often but sure thats cos im busy?)

I cant imagin this baby being 'a baby' i mean i just keep thinking silly things like the baby will just vanish once i have her or get really sick or worse!!!

i Really want this baby right from the start and still right now so its nothing to do with that i just cant get my head around loosing her? it was worse when i was between 4-15 weeks roughly i was just certin a miscarrae was coming?

I alway want to go get checked cos im sure something is not right...

am i crazy? or os this somehow normal??

if anyone has been or is going through the same things id love to hear from you.

if you read all this thankyou and i hope i made sence!?

x0

Mum of 3 girls, 1 boy, 1 angel, 1 on the way!

Hey...that's no good! Have u had a mc before? I have and I'm having the same problem as you. I keep thinking I'll mc again. Or I think that it won't be healthy. I'm not sure what the solution is but just letting u know, you're not alone. X
Hey,

I'm 22 1/2 weeks and am feeling exactly the same!

This is my first pregnancy and i have been to hell and back already. It all started with horrible morning sickness for the first 16weeks then at 17 1/2 weeks i bled and they couldnt tell me why but bubs was perfectly fine! Two weeks ago i was admitted to hospital with serious kidney pains was told i had an infection treated in hospital for 6hrs then given meds then on Monday ended up in a bigger and better hospital with the same problem the previous hospital didn't treat me properly i ended up with kidney stones and a bad kidney infection i am atm recovering at home and taking antibiotics and pain killers (Which i am trying my best not to take the pain killers for bubs health).

I am so worried that the meds they have given me might hurt our little princess, i know they wouldn't give me anything if it was going to hurt bubs but i can't help thinking that they might and she might get sick or they could give her brain damage! I know thats a horrible thing to think im just so nervous for her i already <3 her sooo much and i dont want my life to go on with out her i just hope she comes out okay.

I have been finding myself reading the loss and sadness section in huggies alot, i don't know why it just keeps drawing me in! Your not alone in the worrying department it is doing my head in but i guess it means we care for our future bub (Not to say that ppl who don't stress don't care). I hope our minds ease as i don't want to be stressing for another 17 weeks!

All the best of luck xoxoxox

Rach

Hey...that's no good! Have u had a mc before? I have and I'm having the same problem as you. I keep thinking I'll mc again. Or I think that it won't be healthy. I'm not sure what the solution is but just letting u know, you're not alone. X

Hey..
no i have never had a MC. but maybe because in the 30 weeks ive known 4 people personaly to MC and also my cousin had an abortionn at 17WEEKS!!
(whole other story, still trying to deal with that, the baby would have been servery brain damaged and handicap)
maybe because of those i suppose i cant beleive im actually having my baby!?
i spoke to my sister today she has 2 kids and she said its normal for me because for the nearly 2 years of my DDs life ive never thought anything can compare to her so something must be wrong with this bubs?
i dont know?
i really love my tiny one and cant wait to meet her all the same grin:D
thanks for your comment grin

Hey,

I'm 22 1/2 weeks and am feeling exactly the same!

This is my first pregnancy and i have been to hell and back already. It all started with horrible morning sickness for the first 16weeks then at 17 1/2 weeks i bled and they couldnt tell me why but bubs was perfectly fine! Two weeks ago i was admitted to hospital with serious kidney pains was told i had an infection treated in hospital for 6hrs then given meds then on Monday ended up in a bigger and better hospital with the same problem the previous hospital didn't treat me properly i ended up with kidney stones and a bad kidney infection i am atm recovering at home and taking antibiotics and pain killers (Which i am trying my best not to take the pain killers for bubs health).

I am so worried that the meds they have given me might hurt our little princess, i know they wouldn't give me anything if it was going to hurt bubs but i can't help thinking that they might and she might get sick or they could give her brain damage! I know thats a horrible thing to think im just so nervous for her i already <3 her sooo much and i dont want my life to go on with out her i just hope she comes out okay.

I have been finding myself reading the loss and sadness section in huggies alot, i don't know why it just keeps drawing me in! Your not alone in the worrying department it is doing my head in but i guess it means we care for our future bub (Not to say that ppl who don't stress don't care). I hope our minds ease as i don't want to be stressing for another 17 weeks!

All the best of luck xoxoxox

Rach

Hey, sorry to hear what your going through! with DD1 i had really bad Gall Stones i SWORE i was in labour with the pain and i was ALWAYS concerned with her health because i had so much morphine etc..
then i had surgery at around 34 weeks to remove the stones and with the anstetic(SP?) it was a 50/50 chance it would send me into labour so i had to have 2 shots of steroids just incase to fully mature her lungs etc..

ive been told that kindney stones are way worse than gall stones OUCH you poor thing!! i really hope the get all the stones out safely for you!!

It is a very stressful thing isnt it! when you take things and not 100% sure your not harming your bub! i cant even take panadole without feeling guiilty in some way..

i know our little princesses will be perfect and healthy we just have to hang in there!

thanks for your comment grin take care!
x0

have you discussed your concerns with your midwife? They might be able to refer you to the social worker at your hospital who may be able to offer some support. It would be terrible for you to spend the rest of your preg with this anxiety.
I really hope you feel better/positive soon.

Hey, sorry to hear what your going through! with DD1 i had really bad Gall Stones i SWORE i was in labour with the pain and i was ALWAYS concerned with her health because i had so much morphine etc..
then i had surgery at around 34 weeks to remove the stones and with the anstetic(SP?) it was a 50/50 chance it would send me into labour so i had to have 2 shots of steroids just incase to fully mature her lungs etc..

ive been told that kindney stones are way worse than gall stones OUCH you poor thing!! i really hope the get all the stones out safely for you!!

It is a very stressful thing isnt it! when you take things and not 100% sure your not harming your bub! i cant even take panadole without feeling guiilty in some way..

i know our little princesses will be perfect and healthy we just have to hang in there!

thanks for your comment grin take care!
x0

Im the same with the panadol its so irritating cause when i read some other ppl's posts they are so laid back, i just wish i was that laid back but you get that i guess. No need to be sorry but thanks for your concern, as its my first my body knows no better lol .

Hopefully the rest of both our pregnancies speed up a little and we forget about our worries although unfortunately i think its something we may be stuck with till they are born and we can see for our selves lol wishing you all the best xoxoxox

Hi i am new to this site and reading ur message reminded me of myself. Last year my partner and i were overceome with joy when we found out we were expecting our first child which we had been trying for. I did worry a little at the start however told all my friends and family and was very excited. At 13 weeks I was bleeding and this resulted in m/c my baby. Due to the circumstances, i was given much pain relief and rushed into emergency surgery for a curette. This was very traumatic and my partner and i were going to try again, however not for sometime. Fate had it though, that only 5 weeks after my m/c, i fell pregnant and now have a very healthy and happy 9 week old grin Throughout my whole pregnancy though, i stressed and worried. at first i worried i would miscarry, then i would worry about premature labour, then worried about having stillborn, then about the baby having a disability/ malformation. there were no reasons for me to be worrying about any of these things and my midwife constantly reassured me of this. i felt like i was almost going crazy because the more i tried not to think about, the more i would think about it! I was sad though because it was like my previous experience had stolen the joy i did have, and although i loved and wanted nothing more than to have my baby, i didnt want to get excited because i was waiting for it to be taken away again. Unfortunately, this hasn't changed much sine he has been born. I love my lil man and he amazes me everyday but i still can't help but worry that he is sick, or isnt reaching milestones quick enough etc etc. Which again, there is no reason for! Many have told me that this is what mothers do, however i want to enjoy and not constanlty worry about my sons life so am thinking of seeing a counsellor about these things... i sympathise with how ur feeling and if you come up with any good tips to not worry so much, please re-post smile
Sign in to follow this topic