Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. positive tests but possibly starting my period

positive tests but possibly starting my period Lock Rss

So, I had a miscarriage about 3 months ago. We're trying again I had two positive pregnancy tests on Monday. A few moments ago I went to the bathroom and wiped and saw what looked to be the start of my regular period. I also physically feel like I do right before I start my period. I'm so confused. It's too late for this to be implantation bleeding--that should have occurred last week. Thoughts?

Mom of two beautiful little girls

Have u taken another test? If you feel like you normally do, then you might be getting your period - and having an early miscarriage? I hope for your sake that this is a sticky pregnancy, and that the bleeding is nothing to worry about smile Good luck.

I have been through this exactly. Had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and then 3 months later had a BFP about 4 days after my period was due. However it didn't last and 2 days later I started to bleed and that was the second miscarriage - at about 5 weeks and 4 days.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you that it is just some spotting.

I would go and see your Dr for more advice, and due to your first miscarriage if you are pregnant they will most likely want to give you a dating scan early on.

All the best

Darcy''s Mum

Hey,
A lot of people do experience bleeding in the 1st trimester and usually this is around the time of when their period would've been...so 4, 8 and 12 weeks.
I hope this is all it is!
xx
Thank you all for your replies. I have been having heavy cramping all night. Still not feeling good. No period as of yet but I do know that cramping like this in pregnancy is not good. This is what I felt like when I had my first miscarriage. Why? Why me? This totally and completely STINKS!!! I am forever grateful that I have two healthy little girls. I've never had a problem with pregnancies before. Why now when we so desperately want a 3rd. Maybe my experience is like yours JK313. Are you pregnant now? How long did it take you to get pregnant again after such an early miscarriage?

I hope this is not the start of your period.

I had 2 miscarries before my last pregnancy and my doctor suggested when i fell for the 3rd time that i start taking a low dose asprin called astrix for the first 12 weeks as it has been suggested that clotting at the implantation site causes miscarriage. I did this and now I have a healthy 8 week old. Maybe speak to your doctor about this.

Fingers and toes crossed for you...xxxx
Thank you all for your replies. I have been cramping all night. Still cramping now. No period as of yet, or even any more spotting, but I do know that cramping like this in pregnancy is not good. This is what I felt like when I had my first miscarriage. Why? Why me? This totally and completely STINKS!!! I am forever grateful that I have two healthy little girls. I've never had a problem with pregnancies before. Why now when we so desperately want a 3rd. Maybe my experience is like yours JK313. Are you pregnant now? How long did it take you to get pregnant again after such an early miscarriage?

I have never miscarried but the month before I missed my period ..the period was much lighter, then the month after I missed it completely... I had alot of cramps it felt like I had done over a hundred situps then I took the test which was positive... Try to stay positive as stressing about it wont help ... try to take your mind off it and do something for yourself... go shopping or relax and watch some movies or something wink
Yes I am now pregnant - 33 weeks today, so there is light at the end of what seems like an awful tunnel.

My first MC was the start of January last year and my second MC was in April last year. My GP then referred me to an OB/GYN who started me on low dose aspirin - which I've taken till being 30 weeks pregnant, and I used clomid to get pregnant and then duphaston to help me stay pregnant for the first 16 or so weeks.

Because my DS was born via ceasarean my OB/GYN was considering doing some further investigation (surgery) to see if there was anything else going on in there - ie. endomentriosis, scarring from ceasar etc, but luckily I got my BFP before that.

Don't give up.

Please let me know how you are doing. happy to talk via PM.

Darcy''s Mum

Hi Babyluv1

I know exactly what you are going through. I have had 3 miscarriages over the past couple of years, still trying for baby #1. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and from week 4-5 I had cramping, probably equivelant to period pain along with dark spotting. Cramps have stopped, I occasionaly get abit of spotting, never enought to wear a liner, only when I go to loo.

I am having my first u/s today, so fingers crossed everything is still ok. I had my hcg levels checked a week ago and they were at the right level. Apparently spotting is quite common, along with cramping, some experience it more than others.

I must say that none of my miscarriage have involved spotting, the last one was a definite bleed, and the two before were a missed miscarriage so no bleeding at all.

I will let you know how I get on today.

Dee

Well, I cramped horribly all day and since this afternoon I have been feeling better. I am hoping that this was all due to implantation (something I've certainly never experienced before). I have an appt. to see my Dr. tomorrow. Not sure what they are going to do, but it will at least give me some comfort. Maybe I'm okay and baby is okay. I only had some light brown spotting when wiping today (TMI, I know!). But at least it wasn't red blood like when I had my MC. Trying to stay positive--I think tonight, Stargazer, that I will have to watch a movie to help me relax. smile

I will let you know how things go.

Thanks for the encouragement JK.

Oh, I hope things go well for you! What a tough time to go through. Please let us know how your u/s went!!

Sign in to follow this topic