Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Pram warfare: how do you pick the right one?

Pram warfare: how do you pick the right one? Rss

I have a horrible track record with prams. How did you choose the right one for you? Or are you looking for one? This may help you.

Read the full blog post: Pram warfare: how do you pick the right one?
Hi,
What pram does Ev have?
Hi Sarah,

Great post. Who knew there was so much to consider when buying a pram? And I totally agree, I am yet to find the perfect one.

However I must say all the hard work was done for me as my parents gave us a Bugaboo 3.5 years ago when my son was born. Even though you need a PhD to fold it, it's brilliant. My most important criteria was that it fit though checkout aisles, which it does smile

Funnily enough I rarely use it now and my daughter has only ever been in a pram a handful of times. You see, I'm a babywearing addict, and have a plethora of slings and wraps for every occasion.

But of course that's a whole other post!

Lisa
Hi Tieng, I checked with Ev and she has a valco rebel, but I don't think they make them anymore. There is a newer model of them available I think. Hope this helps.
And thanks Lisa. I think if we ever had a fourth I'd love to use slings and wraps more often for sure.
Well my SIL did the research for me as I was 11 weeks pregnant when she had her baby.
She has the Steelcraft one that all the wheels rotate on, not sure what exactly it's called. It has a reversable handle, the seat reclines to whatever angle you want and it folds up quite neatly. She suggested we walk with it to make sure we didn't hit our feet etc, and see how small it folds up to see if it fits in the boot of our car.
We ended up finding a Love n Care pram that is very similar, but was slightly cheaper (cost is definitely a factor in an un-planned pregnancy. It has all the same functions, and looks pretty much the same and it was $80 cheaper when they were both on sale. It has the reversable handle, all the wheels rotate, the seat reclines at different heights, and it folds up easily and compact and there is plenty of room to fit the shopping in the boot as well. I guess we'll find out in about 4 months if it's not the perfect pram. Lol.

Good luck anyone else who's looking for one! xo
I bought the Baby Jogger City Select for some of the very same reasons as Ev. ALthough I'm only 26 weeks so I can't comment on how well it works yet. On weekends my husband and I generally walk everywhere- including the gracery store. This pram has the biggest basket I could find and the tyres look durable. It has the optional full toddler seat, a massive canopy, adjustable handle and reversable seat. I'd say it's biggest downfall is that it takes up a fair bit of room in the boot. I guess you can't have everything.
I just purchased the steelcraft strider plus, as bub number 2 is due 2 days afteer bub number 1's second birthday! Loving it already, yet to try it with toddler seat but nothing wrong with it so far! Easy to steer, easy to fold down and I have a small car and it fits nicely in my boot!
I chose a pram that could have a toddler attachment to it with my first and made sure that it was easy to clean and folded down easy. That was my emmalunga. When my little girl shocked us by appearing we had to restart everything and we once again chose a pram that was more active and had the option of toddler attachment, this time I made sure it folded down small for boot space - valco.

I just purchased the steelcraft strider plus, as bub number 2 is due 2 days afteer bub number 1's second birthday! Loving it already, yet to try it with toddler seat but nothing wrong with it so far! Easy to steer, easy to fold down and I have a small car and it fits nicely in my boot!

Oww, the strider plus is the one i wanna get. given the cost of them i've been asking everyone if they really are worth it!?
they have all the features im looking for as well as they look great. but the hubby needs some convincing. haha.
Confession - I am a Goldilocks too - I have somehow become the owner of four prams, and with only three kids (only one of which still goes in the pram) this seems excessive! Our first pram was a Peg Perego Venezia, the 2004 model that didn't have the wheel problems of the 2005 model, thankfuly. It has been very versatile for newborn and toddler, and both at the same time, but not so good for terrain any rougher than an indoor shopping centre. The rest of the story aboiut my three other prams can be read on my blog (inspired by this one!) at www.evimums.com.au/kirrily
Hi, I'm expecting my second and have just laybyed a strider plus. I'm very excited, especially since I found it online for $500 instead of the normal $700 that you will probably find it at. The 2nd seat was also a bit cheaper. I love the idea that I will be able to use the capsule in the pram as well as have my toddler in it. I have a carolla and I checked and it fits nicely in my boot. I used a stroller for my first which was fine, but as she has grown I have found that the specific one I have gives her really bad posture. Looking very forward to using the new one
I just got a cheapy from Target - a Childcare Discovery for $149 on special.

It has good reviews on productreview.com.au and it's cheap enough so that if I hate it, or have another within a year or so, then I can still justify upgrading.

It has a reversible handle and was easy enough to fold up and down, basket is large and everything seems good to me. The downside is probably the weight (13kgs) but alot are fairly heavy and it's not too bad to lift.

Bonus is the wheel base is REALLY good - my mate has a Steelcraft something and it's SO wide she hates it (and it was expensive) and the seat doesn't sit upright enough now that her baby is wanting to sit up.

But it seems to be a really personal thing. And it's probably extremely difficult to access until bubba is using it! smile
Sign in to follow this topic