Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. How do I tell my boss I'm pregnant!!!

How do I tell my boss I'm pregnant!!! Rss

Hi,

I've been working in my job in a small rural town for about 18months.
We have a small business and there is only my boss and 2 employees.
They are both males and so we don't really talk about families or stuff like that. I just don't even know how to approach the subject of me being pregnant!
Any advice would be greatly apreciated!
im only 7 and half weeks and i told my supervisor when i was 6 weeks only cos i had to as there were fumes in our office and i didnt want to stay here in it. and she was fine. and very understanding. but i told her i didnt want the big bosses knowing until i have my 12 week scan (which isnt till 28th june) so maybe do what i did and tell one higher person in confidence then tell the rest of the company when ur comfortable?
I agree.

I work in an office of only 5 people including me. For my first two kids I told my boss at 6 weeks but didn't make it public till after 12 weeks and for this pregnancy I waited until 12 weeks to tell the boss. Its much easier the earlier you tell them as they can get used to the idea before everyone else knows.

Good luck but remember that you have rights!
Thanks for the advice, it has helped me. I think I may have left it a little late but I'll be telling him very soon. smile

Hi,

I've been working in my job in a small rural town for about 18months.
We have a small business and there is only my boss and 2 employees.
They are both males and so we don't really talk about families or stuff like that. I just don't even know how to approach the subject of me being pregnant!

I was absolutely freaking out about telling my boss (I had only been there 3 months)and when I did he was fine. When I told him I was really nervous about telling him, he said don't be silly getting pregnant is the biggest thing that will happen to you, enjoy it.

In my case I thought and cringed so much about it that I actually expected it to be worse...

Plus you have been there 18 months and by the time the bub comes it will be two years...

Don't freak out, I think you will find it will go a lot smoother than you think it will haha

Goodluck =)

Thanks I'm sure I'm over reacting! But I'm not finding it easy to just blurt it out to people!

Thanks I'm sure I'm over reacting! But I'm not finding it easy to just blurt it out to people!

haha but over thinking things is what we do so well...=)

I was a mess when I tried to tell my boss

oh and 11 weeks is not late, technically you don't have to tell your employer until 16 weeks and I told mine at 12 weeks...

I guess it would depend on the relationship you had with your manager and I imagine it would be easier to tell a female manager than a male...

Goodluck =)

im only 7 and half weeks and i told my supervisor when i was 6 weeks only cos i had to as there were fumes in our office and i didnt want to stay here in it. and she was fine. and very understanding. but i told her i didnt want the big bosses knowing until i have my 12 week scan (which isnt till 28th june) so maybe do what i did and tell one higher person in confidence then tell the rest of the company when ur comfortable?

I told my boss early on as well as my job may have posed a risk to myself or the baby etc. It was also so he could start early to find a replacement for me. I just straight out told him "Bob im pregnant".

are you worried hell be annoyed?

tell him you have some very exciteing news and your so happy and that your pregnant and isnt that so cool!!! haha that way he will be super happy because you are! smile and if he has any nevagative thoughts he wont say anything to you because no one wants to spoil an expectant mothers joy smile
when i fell with ds it was super easy for me to tell my boss.
I was holding her brand new baby and looked up at her and said " guess what. I'm gettting one of these too!" I was only 7 or 8 wks at the time but as i was their nanny i wanted them to have heaps of warning to work out what to do.

Good luck xx

i''''m baking a baby

I was actually pregnant (about 14 weeks along) when I started my current job (this was almost 2.5 years ago now). I researched carefully before I started applying for jobs, and discovered that I was not actually obliged to disclose my pregnancy during the interview.

So I waited until the day of my 19-week scan to spill the beans. I'm sure some people must have guessed anyway because I was starting to get a little bulgy around the middle, but they hadn't exactly known me very long either!

I told my supervisor first - just took her aside and quietly told her. Then I went to tell the boss. I just said something like, "I need to talk to you about something. I'm pregnant." He laughed. I was relieved. I think he was half hoping that I was joking. But he was fine with it. I promised to come back to work for him after DD was born (ended up having 13 months off instead of my planned 13 weeks, but that's another story) and it was all good. I was welcomed back when I was ready & able to come back, and everyone at the office loves seeing DD when she comes in.

. I just don't even know how to approach the subject of me being pregnant!

Just do it better than I did, I passed out cold at 6wks pregnant~!!! I had to tell him then!!!
Sign in to follow this topic