Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

third labours Lock Rss

was yours faster than your previous ones?
It was quicker than my first, but a bit slower than my 2nd. All up I would say it was the easiest. I started having gas about an hour before I started pushing .. one big push and the head was out!

DS - 18 hrs
DD - 3 hrs
DD - 4 hrs

God i hope the third labour is quicker.....first was 11.5 hours, second was 25.5 hours......lol
My 3rd was much quicker than the 2nd - my 2nd was the longest.
All of my labours were spontaneous, and times taken from first niggle of labour to holding bubs and birthing placenta. I also had no tearing or stitches with any, and only used pain (gas) relief for 2 of the labours..

My labour times were as follows...

#1, 1hr 30mins (2820g -6lb 3oz)
#2, 7 hrs (4460g - 9lb 13oz, gas used)
#3, 1hr 13min (4600g - 10lb 2oz, gas used)
#4, 50mins (4040g - 8lb 15oz)
#5, 18mins (4880g - 10lb 12oz)
generally each labour is quicker than the last but that doesnt always happen as some of pp have said. Im due to have my 3rd in may my first was 8 hours 2nd was 3hours 40mins so hoping this one is around the same time length as 2nd as it was quick but not too quick if that makes sence.
i would just like to add ricki your children are beautiful and also how do you cope with 5 kids? we are looking at having up 2 5 kids but not sure how we will go, well manily me as i will be taking care of them most the time.

Posted by: 2bubblyboys
i would just like to add ricki your children are beautiful and also how do you cope with 5 kids? we are looking at having up 2 5 kids but not sure how we will go, well manily me as i will be taking care of them most the time.

Thankyou...
How do I cope?
Routine, routine routine.... I have my 3 oldest children at school this year, and once they are at school for the day I only have the 2 little ones (17months old and 3 weeks old) at home, so it isn't too hard.
they all have breakfast, get dressed, bathe, have dinner, go to bed etc at the same time every day (even school holidays) so that the routine can stay in place all the time, and they end up doing these things as a habit.
I also have a FANTASTIC DH who helps with everything - he has been off work since October 2009, and goes back in about 3 weeks, he took the time off to care for me and the kids with a crappy pregnancy.
Once the routine was in place, things started to fall in line a lot more.... Everyday is Groundhog day in my house! lol
My first was 11 hours, second 2 hours. i'm hoping this one won't be to much faster than the second, it all happened so fast I was in shock a bit and bub came out all mucusy. Thanks for all the answers
My third was quicker.

#1- 8.5 hrs
#2- 5.5 hrs
#3- 4 hrs
#4- I think about 2 hrs, but 4 hours from induction of waters being broken.

Alex 03, Lauren 05, Matt 07, Cora 09

i hope so!!!!!!! lol
ds-4hours
ds-6hours
so,hoping number 3 be faster never can tell!
i was alot younger&fitter with last 2

I really really hope it is not faster!!!

My first was 6 hours and then they had to do an epidural, venthous and then forceps as she got stuck so all up about 8.5 hours. The second was 20 minutes and I now live about 40 minutes from the hospital.

Mother to 2 + 1 soon

hi my labours were as followed;
DS#1 labour was 5 1/2 hrs 9lbs 30z 53cm long(prosterior) gas and pethidene shot about 5 or so pushes ashe was big lol..
DS#2 labour was 5hrs 8lbs 5oz 53cm long gas and pathediene 3 pushes and he was out.
DD 2 1/2 hrs 8lbs 55cm long hc 35.5 only 2 puffs of gas as waters broke and head crowned, was at hospital 15mins before she was born 2 pushes and she was completely out..

my labours got quicker.. i have never ever had a epidural nor will i ever as i dont believe in them for me if i ever had another one and had to have a ceasarian i would demand a general i do not like the thought of anything being put in my spine... forgot to say i also have one hell of a high pain tolerance...gas and pethiedene dont o much for pain but they distracted me neough to block out the pain a little and laugh and have two second nano naps in between very heavy full on contractions..

All 3 of my labours were 6 hours long. My 3rd was the best though, with the first 2 my waters broke and I had to go straight to hospital for monitoring, whereas with DD I got to stay home for a lot of it and it was much more relaxing and I managed the pain really really well, and didn't want any pain relief.
Sign in to follow this topic