Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

All day sickness Lock Rss

Im 13weeks and iv still got crazy morning sickness well all day sickness. I never actually vomit but the nausea is awfull. Im finding it hard to eat anything, the smell of food cooking makes me gag. Iv gone off all the foods I used to love and am currently living on bread and cheese. On the plus side iv lost 4kgs but I feel horrible. I didnt have any morning sickness with my first child which was a boy so prehaps this baby is going to be a girl? I find my nausea worse at night usually at around bed time then I cant get to sleep so I lie awake doing the deep pregnancy breathing whilst i hover over a bucket expecting this time will be the one when I actually vomit. Ahhh good times im kinda not wanting anymore kids after this one lol

Hopefully it eases up for you soon.
I'm still sick pretty much every day.. it's a rare day indeed that I don't have my morning heave. I was like this with DD and DS - right up til the moment they injected me with Maxalon in the delivery room :S

Plus side was I lost roughly 20kgs with both of them. Down side was I put it all on again! lol
I've been eating quite averagely this pregnancy so I wonder if I will have lost any weight.. hope so! lol

I found that sipping on Berocca helped me a little. You can get these things called Sea Bands from chemists - they press on pressure points in your wrist which can help with motion or morning sickness.
You could also try acupuncture.
Could also get some ginger and cut about 5 thin slices and add them to boiling water and sip that slowly too.
Other than that - eat whatever you think you can stomach - even if it's junk, it's still something in your stomach which can help you feel better.

I had the same thing for a couple weeks and it's awful sad it makes you feel so crappy.... but as JennaJ said the best thing you can do is eat something, no matter what it is, as I found that an empty stomach was the worst thing for the nausea. And also try to plan your day with what you might eat if you can, try not to let yourself get hungry. Honestly I think I lived on dry biscuits, bread, vegemite, hot chips and some fruit.

Hopefully it passes for you like it did for me smile

Good luck this is my third pregnancy and am at 33 weeks and I heave almost everyday of each pregnancy. I find a whiff of smells can set me off and it doesn't have to be a repulsive smell it can be anything, sometimes bub must be pushing up or something - who knows it just doesn't seem to take much.

Sea bands do help a little but I've just had to get used to puking.

Practice your pelvic floor exercises otherwise when the really bad heaves take you, you run the risk of weeing yourself as well.

The joys of motherhood.

Mother to 2 + 1 soon

Morning

I am exactly the same =(....

I am 14 weeks and still have disgusting morning/night/lunch sickness and mine is the same not actually throwing up just feeling like you have had a massive night out the night before (this is how I described it my friends who thought I was whinging about nothing cos I wasn't actually throwing up)...

I agree with the other ladies, as hard as it is try and eat something....anything. At the very beginning I lived on fruit and bread for about 6 weeks...(lots of grapes and watermelon)

I have now been talked into getting the motion sickness wrist bands and I find them to be working...could be worth a go (anything is worth a go at this point....)

Hope it eases up for you....the joys of pregnancy =)

Tess

so i did have some of those motion sickness bands but id slightly lost them i hunted around and found them. Iv managed to narrow things down a bit i can eat the most at breakfast but never the same thing twice so once iv eaten cornfakes for example i cant ever eat them again and the thought of them makes me feel sick. If I dont have something for tea before 5pm then I cant have tea cuz from bout 5.30pm onwards I feel nausous till morning thats when its the worst. Iv been wearing the moton sickness bands at night and accidently slept with them on one night when i woke up they had cut off my circulation and my hands were numb lol. Im going to the midwife next week and am guna complain to her cuz its not getting better as such. Id say that cuz I dont actually vomit i dought she would give me anything.

The motion sickness bands are working for me - my MS has all but disappeared. I'm only taking them off to shower. I did have acupuncture on my MS points in the wrist before I decided to buy the sea sick bands. I walked into the acupuncture office worried about leaving my sick bowl in the car and 10mins later nausea was totally gone. If the bands are too tight perhaps you should consider a session.

I had severe all day sickness with my 1st till 18wks so I'm doing everything to avoid it this time, eating every 2hrs even though I don't really feel like I want more food..but it's really important not to let your stomach completely empty.

Hope you get some relief soon.
I had constant vomiting for the first 5 months of pregnancy with DS. Nothing worked, I lost 17kg and ended up having to go into the Mercy every second day to go on a drip to rehydrate me, plus have IV Maxalon.

Try asking your GP / OB for some Maxalon tablets - they will kill the nausea and are safe to take during pregnancy.

Hope things get better honey!
with my first i had all day sickness with actual vomiting and then the dry reaching part. it lasted 13 weeks and then i was totally fine and heaps of energy. i had a boy.

this time round i felt sick but wasnt actually sick. but this time im now 19 weeks and no energy with still feeling sick to boot. the slighest smell sets me off and i feel totally pathetic. i cant even stomach the thought of having a rubbish bag inside anymore. dont even get me started on the thought of public toilets - just cant do it.

cant wait till this passes.
Its ment to improve by about 13weeks, but just not for me lol. We are currently staying with my inlaws on a farm, they have cooked home kill sheep for the last few days and it stinks out the entire house, I actually havent eaten anything at all for 2 days im living on lemonade. And then my father inlaw was telling me if i was a ewe i would either eat or die, he is a lovely man lol. I know people say ya should force yourself to eat but the thought of it just makes me feel worse.

I'm 7 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and I hope like crazy that my morning sickness eases at the 12-13 week mark but it probably won't was still vomitting the day I gave birth with my first.

I've found ginger beer to be helpful and living on dry crackers. Two minute noodles are quick and easy and as gross as this is, are nice and gentle on the way back up if you can't keep them down. Chocolate is also good.

I'm 7 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and I hope like crazy that my morning sickness eases at the 12-13 week mark but it probably won't was still vomitting the day I gave birth with my first.

I've found ginger beer to be helpful and living on dry crackers. Two minute noodles are quick and easy and as gross as this is, are nice and gentle on the way back up if you can't keep them down. Chocolate is also good.
Sign in to follow this topic