Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. when do you have mid term scan done?

when do you have mid term scan done? Lock Rss

just wondering if the time frame for the mid term scan is 17 - 22 weeks or a shorter period?thanks.
its been a while but if my memory serves me correctly, its 18-20 weeks
Yup 18 - 20 weeks and some places won't do it if your over that.
yes well i thought that but when i rang to book the lady said 17-22 weeks and i thought wow thats a big time frame,and i keep questioning it in my mind,so will ring tomorrow and hope i get someone else and get a second opinion.as i dont want to miss out.
On my referral my doctor wrote between 19-20 weeks and I am booked in this friday which will make me 19 weeks and 2 days. The radiology place told me that I had to do it at 19 weeks.
I'm pretty sure here it's 18-20 weeks.

my widwife did recommend going at about 19 weeks though as its a bit more accurate so I did.
My ob told me to go at 18-20 weeks. I went at what i thought was 18 weeks and turns out my measurements were more like 17 weeks. The person doing my ultrasound asked me to come back a week later because she would be able to get clearer images of the heart vessels then.
Well just to be different my hospital does them at 19-21 weeks.
i rang yesterday and double checked (and i got another receptionist at the radiologists)and she said the time frames for basic scans are-less than 12 weeks. -12 to 17 weeks-. and 17-22 weeks she says any time between then.but maybe 19 weeks is the best week to see things clearly?i have booked in at 20 weeks 4 days going from my 12 week scan dates which will make me 21 weeks and 2 days from my last menstral cycle dates. crap, i hope this will be okay.!!
Sign in to follow this topic