Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Maxolon - Morning Sickness Lock Rss

Yesterday I vomited a number of times and almost chocked which was quite scary. I went to the hospital because my GP was booked out and they put me on a drip to replace the fluids I lost. They also gave me some Maxolon which I am now scared that will effect my unborn baby. I asked if it was safe to take and they said it would be fine without giving me any info on the risks associated with taking it.

Has anyone taken Maxolon and could you tell me if it is safe?
I'm pretty sure Maxalon is safe, i had it a few times in my last pregnancy and also had it during labour.

Yes, its safe, I have had in both of my pregnancies.

yes its safe, @ 31 weeks pregnant i was taken by ambulance to hospital with severe vomiting and diarrhea they even gave me maxolon in the ambulance.

Heidi 3 years & Annika 4 days

With both my boys pregnancies I had a maxalon injection for morning sickness & was prescribed the tablets to use when needed. I was also given a maxalon injection before each c/s to reduce vomiting as when I had my first spinal block I became extremely nauseous. My doctor told me it is safe to use throughout pregnancy & I had no problems.

DS March 06 & DS July 2008 & Due Feb 2010

hi there,

I was in the same boat as you as was diagnosed with hyperemesis I took maxalon for probably 4 months of my pregnancy 3 times a day and my bubs was fine, maxalon is perfectly safe to bubs. In fact it can be more dangerous for bubs if you don't take it and continue being sick constantly as this could deny bubs of what they need to grow.
Thanks for your replies. It is good to know other people are in the same boat...
Maxalon is perfectly safe, but just be aware if you are given tablets that depending on the severity of your m/s they may make no difference what-so-ever. I was given tablets after being in hospital on a drip 3 times, and I threw them up before they even had a chance to work.

hi, i took Pramin tablets. my doctor told me they were the same thing as the Maxalon, they were brilliant! i wasnt as bad as you sound to be so it would be worth taking, bub needs all the nutrients they can get! i delivered twins last christmas and they were fine! hope that helps!
kim
i had severe morning sikness with my first and didnt know about it, with my second i didnt want to take any chances so i went to doc and he gave me maxalon..it is in catogory A which means it is safe to take during pregnancy, i took with a few times with my 2nd daughter and took it a few times with this pregnancy (im 14w1d)
OMG Maxolon is the best!

I suffered with SEVERE morning sickness for almost 2 months until I was finally taken to hospital and given Maxalon, which fixed everything almost instantly.

Nurses and Doctors all assured me it is quite safe for pregancy - they were not sure why my GP hadn't given it to me before!

Sign in to follow this topic