Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pregnant on the pill? Rss

Hi mum23ratbags!

I'm soldiering on! That morning sickness that I have kept saying I dont have, well, its come with a vengance! I feel so sick for most of the morning most days. Im living on ginger beer as that really seems to help. Smells are still bothering me, but I am learning to just breath through my mouth alot! Hopefully I'll feel much better after the first trimester is over. Ive just changed doctors, as I was not happy with where I was. So I have to have another scan on tuesday, and more bloods and stuff. But this doc is great and I feel realy comfortable with him.
Wow, exciting news about hubby's job. A bit of a dilemma though! If it were me, I would be thinking of the long term. Will your family be better off with the new job? If you really want to have bub where your at, maybe hubby can go over first, and you follow after?? it would be tough to start with, but im sure you would find your feet eventually. Its a hard decision, but you have a bit of time to discuss all the pros and cons.
Good luck with it, I hope you r decision isnt to hard for you. How is everything else going for you??

Kylie

Hi Kylie,

How r u? Good luck with your scan and i hope everything is well with u!!! Im still feeling pretty sick, wish it would stop! only 9 wks pregnant though so i think it will continue for a while yet!! Thanx for your advice about the move! My hubby works shift work at the moment so he gets to see the kids a fair bit but with new job it will be just day shifts(6 days a week). So i think the kids wouldnt benefit at all and the pay is about the same!!! i would like to stay here for another year but his mate needs someone this summer so i dont know what to do! Good suggestion bout stayin til after bub is born but i wouldnt want to take kids out of school, kinder half way through the year!! I would have to wait til next xmas, i think i could cope with that idea better and hubby could come over maybe every second weekend! What do you think i should do? I really need help to make the right decision.

my3kids

Hi smile

Im feeling quite well today, for a change! I had my viability scan today and all is good with the bean. Not much to see though, just a blob! I am exactly 8 weeks, and bubs is due on my DF's birthday!
How are you going?? Morning sickness still getting you? It sux eh? I have now just got the incredibly naseaus feeling all the time, wich is better than actually vomiting, but yucky all the same.
As for your move, if it were me, and after reading what else you wrote about it, I wouldnt be doing it myself. The pay is the same, but your hubby would be around less, you would have no family around you all whilst dealing with a new bubby. Can his mate find anyone else? Or could your hubby just go over and help for for a bit? Like if he took some leave or holidays from his job, and just helped his mate out for a few weeks while he tries to find someone else.???? But, yeah, after seeing that your family would benefit in no way from it, I would be saying no. But, thats just me....

Kylie

Hi Kylie,

Im glad to hear your scan went ok and you are feeling alright! I seem to feel worse in the afternoon and night, cant work that out when its meant to be Morning Sickness!!! Im not eating a great deal at the moment! When is your baby due it must be around the same time as me!! Thanks so much for your advice about moving, i will mention to hubby about just helping his mate out over the summer period(great idea) not sure if hubby will go for it, worth a try though!! he could easily find another person to work for him. Im really worried that if i dont agree to go with him he will go on his own. Im definetly stayin til bub is born. will tell him that i dont want to move at all. where abouts do you guys live? sorry for long post, feels good being able to talk to someone bout this! take care and talk again soon!!

my3kids

Hi there!

Sorry its been so long! How are you?? Well, I am still soldiering on smile. Some days are good, and others are just blergh! I am due on the 30th March, wich is also my DP's birthday! But, I will be having a cesear, so it will be earlier than that. When are you due? ( sorry if youve told me already, I cant remember anything nowadays).
How is the decision making going with the move?? I hope you ahve resolved it, the last thing you need right now is to be stressing about that!
I have started a new job!! I was in the application process when I found out about bubs! Its night packing, just a couple of shifts wich are only 4 hr long. I am being very careful so far, I really want to keep the job, so I hope that the boss doesnt get angry when I finally tell them about the baby, fingers crossed. Im going to try and put it off for as long as I can before telling them.
Anyways , hope oyu are and your family are well, Ill talk to you soon!

Kylie

Hi kylie

Im ok, feel queasy most of the time!The bub will be a nice bday present for your dp! my son was born on his dads bday- 21st of march. Im due on the 20th march but will be born earlier too as this will be my 4th c-section! about tassie well hubby is determined to go, he will leave sometime in Jan and come back home on weekends til bub is born then we will all move over later on, tryin to delay it for as long as possible.(hopefully not for a while after)! still dont want to go but i feel as though i have no choice, to keep family together!The kids are fine how r yours? Have u told family that your pregnant yet? Havent told mine yet, wanted to wait til 12 wks, ill be 11 wks this sat! may tell them tomorrow!Take care and hope your feelin ok. I have hossie appt in 2 1/2 wks hoping they will do a pregnany-dating scan. will talk again soon!!

my3kids

Hi there!

First thing, can I ask your name? We have been chatting for a bit now, and I have no idea!!!!!
Glad to hear you are well, apart from the quesy thing!
How nice that your son was born on his Daddy's birthday! It would be a nice pressie for my DP, but I think I would prefer to have the different Birthdays, even though they will still be fairly close. I had my last girl 3 weeks early due to some complications, but hopefully with this one, it might stay in there a bit longer! ( although, by that time, I may not want it to tongue).
4th ceasear! Did you find your others harder than your 1st? Like recovery wise? My sister in law just had her 2nd, and she said that the 2nd one was harder than the 1st! So, Im just wondering what Im in for! My recovery with my cesear was realy quick, and I had not much pain at all, so Im hoping for the same again!
Im sorry to hear about the move, its sounds like you really dont want to go, wich would make it hard. But, you never know, you and hubby may sort something out, or he may not like it when he goes over. I hope you reach a happy medium though.
My kids are greta, we havent told them about bubs yet, we too will wait until 12 weeks, just incase somehting hapans, and they couldnt keep a secret and everyone would know if we told them! They will be very excited though! No one else knowsthat I am pregnant yet, apart from my dress maker. I had to tell her so she knew what we were in for, as she is doing my wedding dress!
Take care and I'll talk to you again soon!

Kylie

Hi kylie,

My name is Marie. My partner was very happy the docs chose his bday to deliver the baby! Hope your pregnancy goes well!
My recoveries have been good with no 2 and 3. After 1st one though it took longer to recover cos i went through 17 hrs of labour b4 they did caeasar then my scar got infected. So i think not goin through the labour makes a big difference. Thanks for advice on the moving situation, hopin to make more definite plans once he has tried the job and after bub is born! Will let you know how i go with my hosp appt! Take care and chat to you again soon.

Marie

my3kids

Hi!!

I think I am feeling things in my tummy! I know its probly not what I think, but my stomach muscles are shot, and they never rejoined, so I was thinking that maybe, just maybe it was bubs! How exciting! What do you think?
How are you going? Youe first birth sounded eventful! No wonder it took you a while to recover.
Have you had your app. yet? I cant remember when you said you were going? My brain in shot and I cant remember anything unless I write it down anymore!
Hope you are well, Im waiting on some blood results, fingers crossed they are all good.
Talk soon, Kylie

hi i got told by my doctor that you can't get pregnant on the pill, and 13 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant after taking the pill religously, then 6 week ago found out i am having twins. Go figure. I didn't drink and i wasn't on any other medication, so it does happen. I wasn't planning on having anymore children, but i wouldn't change a thing now. I can't wait to meet my babies.

Hi Kylie,

Im still feeling nauseous all the time! Hope it stops soon! I thought i felt somethin too a couple of weeks ago, but nothin recently. You never know, u could be feeling bubs!My hospital appt is on the 14th of sept! I hope your bloods come back ok! Dp and the kids have all had gastro! Havent got it yet, hoping i dont its the last thing i need! take care and talk soo!

my3kids

hi guys,

im chae, im 21 years old and i fell pregnant on the pill, not once have i ever missed taking it especially, after years and years of saying i never wanted kids! Even thou i never wanted kids i would have to say it has and is the best thing that has ever happened to me, i have an amazing partner, who respected my decision. Now im 23 weeks pregnant, and were waiting and waiting to feel bubs move on the outside, i can feel kicks myself but my partner cant just yet?? When did everyone else's partner start feeling it move??

Sign in to follow this topic