Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Subchorionic Haematoma detected - Very Worry :(

Subchorionic Haematoma detected - Very Worry :( Rss

I had my routine 7 weeks u/s and cos im gp was busy i didnt go straight back to her but had a look at the u/s paper and it said there is subchorionic Haematoma is demostrated and measures about 35 x 12 x 12mm in dimension.

So i start searching on the net for any info on that and not much luck with any info but came along quite few other women with it and apparently it is a blood clot and it is quite serious if it doesnt heal itself by 20 weeks or it gets bigger there is a high chance of miscarriage but some women do have it till birth but usually baby come out premature and by c section.

Im very worry and when i went to the gp today she said there nothing i can do but to take it easy and did a blood test and said to see her next week.

Does anyone know where i can get some info on it or anything i could do?

I understand the worry you are going through.

At 15 weeks I had a haemorrage and went to the hospital. The ultrasound showed I had a subchorionic haematoma measuring about 50 x 40 x 40mm.

Like you I searched the net for info. Most of the info I found said that it is quite common in early pregnancy (less than 12 weeks) and most disappear without any problems by 20 weeks. Many women dont even know they have one if they dont have an early ultrasound or symptoms such as bleeding.

There is a chance of miscarriage but I think you will be ok as your hematoma is small and you aren't bleeding.

Unfortunately for me when I went for my 20 week scan my hematoma hasnt disappeared. So I am still at risk for problems.

Having had bleeding and continual problems with my hematoma I understand what you are feeling. Try and relax. And if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Anna

Anna - DS 06 DD 07 DS 09

I hope everything goes well for you Anna looking after 2 kids must be tough on top of all things. I have a 20months lil boy and he drives me nuts.

Im going to go for another u/s at 13weeks hopefully it gets better but im very stress and always in tears when i think of the worse. Im currently 10 weeks and alot of women dont bleed till later on around 12 weeks and most of them that had it bleed i mean if its spotting and its brown thats a good sign that the body is releasing the clot.

Im trying to find maybe certain vitamins help heal blood clots i ask my doc and she said theres nth i can do. Did you come by anything useful on the net?

I just found an article seems useful

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/subchorionic-hematoma.shtml

Some doctor do prescribe medicine:
"Some doctors prefer a ‘wait and see’ approach while others choose to use medications. Blood thinners such as: aspirin, Lovenox (inj), Coumadin and Heparin (inj) are used in attempts to ‘bleed’ the clot out. Estrogen and Progesterone therapy is also sometimes used to aid in the development of the pregnancy"

Article also says that statically pregnancy loss due to haematoma is 1-3%.thats a bit of relief

Hey Girls

I totally understand your worry and stress.

I too was diagnosed with a Subchorionic Hematoma. I fell pregnant had a 5 weeks scan.. everything was going well then all of a sudden I was bleeding. Honestly it was prob one of the worst moments of my life. I had a major panic attack and felt like I was losing my baby. I was sent for a scan where a hematoma 1 cm x 2cms was revealed. I searced high and low for information and just tried to be positive. So hard though when everyday your bleeding.

I bled for a really long time - My next scan showed the hematoma was now 2cms x 3cms so was growing not going away like I had hoped. I almost broke down in the ultrasound room but somehow managed to hold it together.

My 20 weeks scan was coming up and by about 18 weeks or so my bleeding had finally stopped.. I was very hopeful and tried to keep positive the hematoma had gone away. During the scan.. No hematoma - it was all gone. Best news ever.

I hope you have the same experiece (in regards to it going away).. its a very stressful time, were all here for support. PM any time you need to x

Renee
[Edited on 26/02/2009]

Thanks hope labour goes well for you. Says your 40w1d pregnant on the chart, its anytime now.

It seemed like everyone i came across with a hematoma has bleeding and thats the scary part as at present amost 10 weeks i havent bleed yet and im scared when its gonna happen cos i read that some women has massive bleeds. Feel so helpless.

My partner wasnt exactly helpful he doesnt think its a big deal and im worrying for no reason as he says "You have good blood it would be alright." well atleast someone is opimistic about it.

I think im gonna break down if it got bigger at next scan im going to wait till 13weeks and going to a different radiology cos this one mixed up my appointment i mean waiting an extra 45min isnt a problem but when you havent peed for the last 2h45min and drank 1.2L of water thats a different story. and i specifically asked when i was doing the u/s if everything is alright and she said yes i dont see an blood clot as being alright.

Anyways better get some sleep take care everyone

One thing that helped me that might help you honey - I spoke to the sonographer and she basically explained it as this:

When the embryo emplants itself to the wall of your uterus, sometimes it can do it with a bit of force. This is whats happened to you - Its done so leaving basically a bruise that has blood in it.

So far everything is ok - if it wasnt you'd be in hospital etc. One thing I found good was calling the midwives at the hosptial and speaking to them - they deal with this sort of thing all the time and are WOMEN x they understand stress and worry etc. Though men can be good at times (so logical etc) they aren't too compassionate lol.

In my thoughts hun - chin up x

Renee

Yeah overdue today - I think of this bubba as my little miracle, me like you.. I thought i'd lose her. Im proof that everything is mostly alright (i had lots of bleeding for a long time) xoxo

Thanks for the helpful info its just so hard to find anything relating this at all. Im glad everything worked out for you. Im gonna have my fingers cross when i go to my next u/s Ive been drinking soo much fluid and tried eating right trying to do everything i can to help it heal. But have a 20months old so its abit hard to avoid the heavy lifting part.

I called the midwives at the hospital but they told me to talk to me GP maybe cos its still early and I havent checked into the hosp yet. Gp said it might be a blood vessel abrupted whatever it is its so damn scary.

Your gonna have a lil girl thats great i want a lil girl myself hence my first is a boy I want a girl so much cos i really only plan to have 2 kids. I reckon 2 is plenty already, double trouble.

just wanted to say....

at my 8week and 12week scan they found a small one of these - cant remember how big sorry...

at 20weeks it was gone - i was fine.... i just was told to take things very easy and if i experienced bleeding go to hospital straight away...

at time i was looking after my ds 18months and my nephew 16months so it was hard to "take it easy"

best of luck - im 37 weeks and wanting to give birth soon
So you didnt bleed at all? Maybe your body reaborb the clot itself thats what im hoping would happen.

Good luck with labour. I was just reading the week by week guide and it reminded me of labour and realise how much pain i went through Honestly i thought i was going to die and never in my life experience so much pain that death is nth compare to it and i told my partner im never ever having another child

I envy women with easy and quit labour i was in there almost 12 hrs and it started from 3am so i was soooo damn tired as well between my contractions which was only seconds apart i kept falling asleep. Im not even gonna think about it till it happens.

I wonder if Renee is in labour. Well good luck and hope everything goes well if you are.

Sign in to follow this topic