Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

need some good stories Rss

hi all,
Im 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first baby and first ever pregnancy. I have heard so many stories about people having 1, 2 3 or more m/c before having healthy babies; and while i know each person is different and im trying to stay positive for me and bubs its always on my mind.

Have many people had successful first pregnancies?

I have! I was really paranoid about m/c and once all the complications started it just got worse. However, I had a beautiful baby girl safe and sound! Try not to worry too much, stress isn't good for the baby! Good luck with your pregnancy (although I'm sure you wont need it =)

Hi I am nicki and I have a 16month old daughter.

I was very lucky and had a great pregnancy and labour.

I know when i first found out it was really early days and I was always worrying and so anxious. I had been told many awful stories and to be honest I don't remember one person saying something positive.
You don't need to worry just make sure you eating healthy and getting some light exercise. It isn't good for the baby for you to stress so as you said in your post try and stay positive. I would concentrate on your own pregnancy rather than thinking about other experiences.

You will be just fine.. PM me if you want to know anything else i am happy to answer all questions honestly doesn't matter if it's embarrassing or not smile

Good luck
I did!!!

I had my DD in 2006 - it only took us 2 weeks of trying and we werent even really trying all that much, I just stopped taking the pill and 2 weeks later I got a positive test.

I had a dream pregnancy and birth and my DD was born happy and healthy.

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine. Think positively.
I did too!!

i fell preg without really even trying, and had a pretty good pregnancy, a few aches and pains, but once DS was born all that pailed into insignificance! the thought of anything bad happening didnt even enter my mind. So think positively, stressing isnt good for bub.
Helen

Me, first pregnancy was a dream - it is hard to comprehend with your first one because you do hear all these stories and about getting to the magic 12 week mark when risk of miscarriage is greatly reduced.

Let yourself enjoy it - you can do that or stress yourself out, pick the happy option smile
Hi

I heard all the horror stories when pregnant with DS. I had a few bleeds which were scary, but he arrived safe and sound, on time. This time I've had no complications so far, touch wood.

I think it's natural to worry, but try to stay positive.Another person's horror story does not have to be yours.
Hi

I heard all the horror stories when pregnant with DS. I had a few bleeds which were scary, but he arrived safe and sound, on time. This time I've had no complications so far, touch wood.

I think it's natural to worry, but try to stay positive.Another person's horror story does not have to be yours.
Hi

I think it's natural to worry, but try to stay positive. Another person's misfortune does not have to be yours.

Good luck!
Hi,

I had a really easy first pregnancy. i had no symptoms at all, no morning sickness, sore breasts or anything so i panicked that because it was so easy something was wrong. Everything was perfect, i was just one of the lucky ones. Think positive and take care of yourself, that's all you can do. I have no doubt you will have a beautiful healthy bubba...

Hi there,

this is my first pregnancy too and i had all the same fears about having a miscarriage but am happy to say i safely sailed through those fearful weeks. (safely yes, but the morning sickness made it harder!)

just take care of yourself, wrap yourself up in cotton wool (so to speak!) and think only of yourself and your baby and everything will be fine.

My biggest piece of advice - listen to your body.

Good luck with everything.

xx

i fell preg two weeks off the pill...
dream preg, i must admit though i have never worried about m/c even though my cousin feel preg before me and m/c i just knew it wouldnt happen to me the only time i have ever been fearful of m/c was this time (my third preg and my third baby) and that was because i had NO ms or any other symptoms till 12 weeks (i tested the day i was due for AF and got my BFP)

Sign in to follow this topic