Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

The bladder issue Rss

Hi guys I'm 20 and this is my first pregnancy I am five and a half monthes pregnant. Quite embarrassingly I am concerned with my bladder, anytime I sneeze or cough(which is increasing in frequency due to flu!) I let out a little bit of urine or need to run urgently to toilet in fear that I will wet myself to a larger extent. I do all my pelvic exercises should this be happening? Is there anything that I'm not doing that I should to control this? Would appreciate any help sad
Unfortunately pelvic floor exercises aren't always enough. But continue with them - at least 10 times a day.

you may find that wearing a pad helps with your confidence a little, just to catch the leaks that you may have. I have been wearing them this entire pregnancy for bladder problems.

It wont magically stop during the pregnancy, if anything, it is likely to get worse - it will also continue after baby is born. It does take time to get that control back.

One thing I used to do after baby was born along with pelvic floor exercises, was try to stop the flow during the wee, and then let the wee flow again. It helps you know how well your pelvic floor exercises are going.

Good Luck - it will get worse before it gets better, but that is what Tena lady and poise pads are for!
I wear panty liners all the time. I have pretty good control, except when my bladder is full and I sneeze. Then I sometimes leak a little.

I agree about doing the pelvic floor exercises. Every time you think of it. And wearing some form of protection (panty liner/pad) will give you a bit more confidence as you don't have to be scared of having an accident.

Good luck,
Mrs C.

Sign in to follow this topic