Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. So I'm being critised because.............

So I'm being critised because............. Lock Rss

maybe i have read this the wrong way, but i dont think that people who have had a c-section requires anyones pity???

I think if people were more open minded about c-sections, there wouldnt be so much pressure put on woman who need one.

Maybe im just a minority, but having a c-section is nothing to feel ashamed of. bloody hell, be proud of the fact that u managed to HAVE a baby at all.

Does it HAVE to come out of your VAGINA to make u feel any better?????

I dont understand this at all.

Ok Ladies it's time for a cuppa and a huge slab of chocy cake......

Now that our cravings have been satisfied (well mine anyway) can we agree that no matter what we all come to huggies for support and advice?

HuqqaSA I can honestly understand your frustration and I believe too that a c-section is nothing to be ashamed of or to be pitied for. As I said before my mum had 7 c-sections and if anyone pitied her she'd probably tell them to jump LOL. And as I have said before what does it really matter as long as bub and mum come through the birth ok.

I'll be honest and say the day I started this thread I was having a bad day and just read enough about how it was all women who have had VB's that put women who have had c-sections down. Let's all make up, send big hugs and agree to disagree.
Big HUGS to all...........
Christine
Posted by: HuggaSA
maybe i have read this the wrong way, but i dont think that people who have had a c-section requires anyones pity???

I think it is because the majority of people don't elect to have a caesarian but end up having to have one. I remember one of my friends having to have a caesarian and when I visited her in hospital, she said, I tried to have her naturally, but I had to have a caesar in the end. I remember saying, Oh you poor bugger, it was for the best. And things like, at least you're both ok etc. Unless you elect to have a caesarian, it can be quite disappointing to to end up needing one when you had your heart set on a vaginal birth. I know I was disppointed having to have one, but it was a case of do or die and my feelings were quite irrelevant really in the whole scheme of things.

Posted by: Sue + two
This debate really is getting very boring!! It just seems to be going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on!

Ditto to that!

Has anyone else noticed how those people that have had c/s and say they are fine with it then also follow up with "it was an emergency" or "my doc said I had to" or my baby/I would have died..." If you're really fine with it and the reasons for it then why do you need to justify it? I was one of those people once too, but I've decided that if anyone asks me about my births from now on I'm just going to say "everything went great, thanks for asking..." If more people did this then there would be the need for these longwinded, repetitive and b***tchy posts.

Thanks for reading.

J.

Posted by: jesstar76
Has anyone else noticed how those people that have had c/s and say they are fine with it then also follow up with "it was an emergency" or "my doc said I had to" or my baby/I would have died..." If you're really fine with it and the reasons for it then why do you need to justify it? I was one of those people once too, but I've decided that if anyone asks me about my births from now on I'm just going to say "everything went great, thanks for asking..." If more people did this then there would be the need for these longwinded, repetitive and b***tchy posts.

Thanks for reading.

J.

If you are referring to me and my situation, then allow me to clarify. I have never been "fine" with having to have a c-section, but had little choice when at 3pm after a mid morning scan, my obstetrician advised that they needed to get my son out ASAP and had booked me in at 4pm for a caesarian. This was due to some life threatening circumstances that had arisen and left us no room for delay or error. It was touch and go with my son for 4 days in terms of living or dying, so just don't sit there behind your computer generalising and belittling peoples reasons for their caesarians when for alot of people it is out of their hands. And if you want to talk b!tchy posts, then perhaps you should re-read yours!

No I wasn't referring to any particular person, it was just a general observation. But thanks anyway for proving my point about justification of c/s.

And about reference I made to b*@!tchy posts I was just saying how this particular subject really brings it out of people because they get so defensive whatever thier choices or circumstances were.

J.

Posted by: jesstar76
No I wasn't referring to any particular person, it was just a general observation. But thanks anyway for proving my point about justification of c/s.

And about reference I made to b*@!tchy posts I was just saying how this particular subject really brings it out of people because they get so defensive whatever thier choices or circumstances were.

J.

I didn't prove any point of yours. However, I just divulged that my son nearly died and you are so heartless that you used it to further your ridiculous point. What a heartless woman you are. You proved your own point in bringing out the biitch in people as that is exactly what you sound like!

I'm sorry jesstar76 but I have to agree with pookibum.

And if you don't want to read what you call 'the repetitive and b**chy posts' don't bother reading or posting them. So far this tread has allowed for opinion without to much nastiness, please lets keep it that way.

Christine
i vote we all just stop using a name for it. i think when talking about it we should all just say. " i gave birth to a beautiful baby." since when has anyone actually gave a hoot about how it come out. i grew up not even knowing that there was all these different ways of coming out. and the people i know some had c/sections and some VB and some had complications and some didn't and some used drugs and some didn't. Who cares, i didn't know any of this stuff until it came time for me to give birth and my mum told me all of the stories from all of the people she knew. but in the whole essence of it it doesn't matter how they came out because once they are out they are beautiful and we love them no matter what.

Once upon a time it was considered undignified to even tell anyone other than your family that you were pregnant, now we actually are given the freedom of speech. Lets use it for good and not bad.
when your preg this is the debate VB vs Csect...
when baby is born its Breast vs Bottle, Circumcision Vs uncircumcised, Ears pierced Vs none...
Then they hit toddlers and its controlled crying vs attachment parenting, working vs stay at home mum,...
Then its preschool and its Private schooling Vs Public...
Cant we just give each other a break!!!

Can i ask whats a VB and why do u get them??
Sign in to follow this topic