Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Depression during pregnancy? Rss

I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins and have 2 more children (7 and 3).

I think I'm going through depression. Nothing seems to be just 'right'. Am having trouble concentrating, massive mood swings and crying a lot of the time for no apparent reason. I know these are all normal pregnancy symptoms too, but there's an overwhelming sense of uselessness and emptiness which I just can't explain.

I've tried to talk to my husband about how I'm feeling and he's usually very supportive but I feel like he thinks I'm attention seeking as I've had a lot of issues this pregnancy. And with the amount of healthcare professionals I've seen, I don't feel like I'll get taken seriously.

I really don't know what to ask, maybe if you've been through depression while pregnant what did you do to cope? Any online support groups or websites that you'd recommend?
hi there, I'm feeling much the same myself but I'm 12 weeks pregnant with one and a active 2yr old.
I went to see my dr as soon as I thought I was depressed and she's put me on meds and a referral to a maternity counsellor. my midwife is super supportive too.
there is good help out there.
please go see your dr, they will definitely take you seriously.
take care. smile
If you're in depression during pregnancy, talk to your midwife or doctor. They should be able to cure you directly, or contact with any mental health care provider. These organizations are also offer helps in these kind of issues. Please visit the link below, may be it's helpful for you :-
http://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/pregnancy...

www.creativegarden.nz
www.creativegarden.nz/about-us
www.creativegarden.nz/locate-a-centre

Sign in to follow this topic