Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

cant handle good news! Lock Rss

i find it really sad that when certain people find out you are expecting they choose to make it about them rather than who is really is about.. YOU! my hubby recently told a family member on my side that we are having a baby and the reaction was " not happy about it but glad i know"...??? umm... ok then lol...

has anyone else had a reaction like that? u tell some one some good news and they act like u just cheated on ur test or stole money from someone!?
Haha gotta love ignorant ppl.. i had a couple of ppl react this way in the past to things i've been happy about i just say to them "Oh sorry i didn't ask if YOU were happy I'm just telling you our GREAT news.." It took till this baby (no 4) for my partner and i to both realise we really didn't care and anyone negative would just not be spoken to and funny enough everyones been happy for us.

Haha gotta love ignorant ppl.. i had a couple of ppl react this way in the past to things i've been happy about i just say to them "Oh sorry i didn't ask if YOU were happy I'm just telling you our GREAT news.." It took till this baby (no 4) for my partner and i to both realise we really didn't care and anyone negative would just not be spoken to and funny enough everyones been happy for us.

Haha yes they are amusing at least tongue I actually wanted to say that but because it was written later on facebook on a status not even related to it I just ignored it grin .. That's cool that they are happy for u smile they can only winge for so long no one can refuse the cuteness of a baby but still haters gonna hate hahaha!

I had a work collegue say "oh that's nice" in a nasty tone & sour look on her face as she stormed off. It was horrible. I did then discover a few months later that she was bitter because everyone around her was getting pregnant while she had been trying for quite some time. I understand the hardships that some couples face with falling pregnant, but I would never react that way to a friend that is expecting. Don't worry too much about it, it sucks that people have to be that way but its their problem. Enjoy your pregnancy smile

Wow yeah I can understand her frustration but that's so tru as hard as it mite be u can stil be nice abOut it.. Thanks heaps grin
my parent inlaws always told me we should only have 2 children and when we got pregnant with my 3rd we told them at 12 weeks. they just looked at each other with a look that will be burnt into my eyes forever like i had just cheated on my husband or something, for my mother inlaw to then say when is this supossed to be happening? didnt get a congratulations or anything. my respect for them has gone out the window and i dont tell them much about this pregnancy at all. yes it hurts when people are like that but as long as you and your partner are happy who cares about anyone else.and enjoy being pregnant! smile
Ive had nasty comments from my hubbys family which i dont like, everyone was more concerned on if it was another boy or not then the health of the baby!
Ive had nasty comments from my hubbys family which i dont like, everyone was more concerned on if it was another boy or not then the health of the baby!
When my ex told his parents that we were having a baby, they spent an hour telling him how horrible i was, how much of an awful mother i would make, how he was never going to do anything with his life, never own a house etc. His father made up nasty stories about me; I tricked my ex into getting me pregnant to trap him. I knew I was pregnant for three months before I told him so we couldn't get rid of it. Horrible man. We were already having a few problems and needless to say all this pressure from his parents played a huge part in our break up. Our son is 20 weeks old on wednesday and his 'grandparents' have seen him twice, once when he was two months old and once yesterday for about half an hour. They are complete strangers to him and the poor boy screamed both times they went near him. Some people ae lol.
Some people are so insenstive,

Myself and hubby planned all three of our babies and when we rang his mum and dad to tell them (they live in the UK) his mums response was "Oh dear never mind, These things happen" lol

Some people..We plan to have one more after this bub so will be interesting to see her reaction when bub number 4 comes along lol.
My parents haven't really been that happy with either of my pregnancies. I was 18 when I was pregnant with DS, they never said congrats and it was rather tense for a while. Once he was born it was better. Then when I was pregnant with DD my dad said why would you want another one. I'm not sure if they even said congrats. They love them both now so I guess thats all that matters.

Sign in to follow this topic