Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Carpel tunnel syndrome Rss

Sounds like me, well minus the pregnancy bit....though I have yet to be diagnosed with CTS. Am hoping that happens when I see Ortho in a few weeks. So though I have no advice...or magic cures...sadly I can sympathise. sad Mine got better for a while, in that it wasn't waking me at night, but that has started again and I could barely use my right hand for 2 days this week it hurt so much. What about a physiotherapist?

Acupuncture!

I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel after DD was born. Had 3 treatments of acupuncture and it has been cured ever since.

I feel for you, it's such a pain in the butt, good luck!
Mine was playing up quite a bit at the start of this pregnancy, from about 8 untill 18 weeks doctor said it was because of the hormones...it eased heaps and has only just started to resurface at 33 weeks, but only when im swelling after a hot day and using them heaps. Hopefully you get lucky and it eases a bit for you!

I had terrible problems with my wrists when my 1st bub was abouut 9mths old doesnt help that im a hairdresser & use my hands all the time It wa sthat bad taht it gotto the point where iwas almost dropping my scissors i ha dto strap my wrists constantly for relief my Gp actually reccommended Accuncture & it was fantastic I think I had about 4-5 treatments over a 4-5mth period & I hadnt had a problem really since. The accupuncturist that I see actually hooked the needles up to what I would discribe as a tens machine for a couple of the treatments to really get it working, was abit painful for a few days after but OMG the relief after those couple of days was unbelievable & he didnt just work on my wrists he did my neck & shoulders also as its all connected if u happen to live on the GC his name is Andrew Stewart & is at Runaway Bay.
I had terrible problems with my wrists when my 1st bub was abouut 9mths old doesnt help that im a hairdresser & use my hands all the time It wa sthat bad taht it gotto the point where iwas almost dropping my scissors i ha dto strap my wrists constantly for relief my Gp actually reccommended Accuncture & it was fantastic I think I had about 4-5 treatments over a 4-5mth period & I hadnt had a problem really since. The accupuncturist that I see actually hooked the needles up to what I would discribe as a tens machine for a couple of the treatments to really get it working, was abit painful for a few days after but OMG the relief after those couple of days was unbelievable & he didnt just work on my wrists he did my neck & shoulders also as its all connected if u happen to live on the GC his name is Andrew Stewart & is at Runaway Bay.
Hi there - Try bathing in a bath with lots of Epsoms Salts in it. I heard it could help bring on labour with my last, it didn't but help with the pain of swollen hands and wrists smile Hope it helps smile
poor you! CTS is hideous! I have had it for years, and I have only found things that help a little rather than fix the problem. I found hand splints ok, but a bit uncomfortable for sleeping. My best remedy was probably icing them in the evenings before bed. Seemed to help bring down the swelling after a day in the office, and meant I didn't have as much pain when sleeping. I also took a lot of pain relief meds, but obviously that's not possible for either of us anymore. I tried physio, but honestly found they made it way way worse (made me cry every time). Have never tried accupuncture (kinda freaked out about needles), so please pop back and let me know if you find it helps! smile
hi i hope you have found something that works for you. i had cts during my first pregnancy and all i could do was use the splints. it got so frustrating that i couldnt even cut a piece of meat or something soft on my dinner plate and my hubby had to cut my food up like i was a little kid. mine was only pregnancy related and it went away almost as soon as i gave birth to my son. im just really hoping it doesnt happen again now during my second pregnancy. hang in there smile
So glad im not the only one suffering! thought i was going crazy!! It hurts so so much, esp during the night.

Any suggestions on the splints? can you get the ones from the chemist or have to get them custom made?

kristy...oxoxo
Sign in to follow this topic