Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Ibuprofen when in Third Trimester Rss

As above.

I have been having really bad Pelvic Girdle Pain during the last few weeks and haven't been able to sleep. Last night I asked DH to grab me a couple of panadols but he picked up the ibuprofen instead.

I have read really horrible warnings about taking it in the third trimester, preventing baby's heart forming correctly. Has anyone asked their Dr about this? I'm hoping 2 tabs aren't enough to cause problems but would love some reassurance.

Thanks.

Hi smile All I have ever been told is to definately not take ibuprofen at any stage in your pregnancy. This is coming from my midwife & doctor.
I know its not quite the same, but a few weeks ago I had a terrible flu & was only allowed panadol.
You can take panadine which is a bit stronger. Sorry but ibuprofen is not considered safe at any stage of pregnancy.

As above.

I have been having really bad Pelvic Girdle Pain during the last few weeks and haven't been able to sleep. Last night I asked DH to grab me a couple of panadols but he picked up the ibuprofen instead.

I have read really horrible warnings about taking it in the third trimester, preventing baby's heart forming correctly. Has anyone asked their Dr about this? I'm hoping 2 tabs aren't enough to cause problems but would love some reassurance.

Thanks.

Ibuprofen is definitely not recommended in pregnancy, and its one of the rare ones that is considered worst in the last trimester. I wouldn't think just 2 tabs would be that bad though. There is a pharmacist who has recently joined this forum who could tell you more, let me see if i can look up her name for you...

Babiessa - hopefully she might find this and let you know

otherwise, just call a pharmacy, or your doc or midwife for reassurance
my husband is a pharmacist and just read you post he said ... "don't worry at all, two tablets as a one off will not cause you any drama at all."
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for all your advice ladies.

And to Craigmeg's DH, a big thanks for putting my mind at ease.

I definitely won't be taking it again but I was really concerned even one dose might be harmful.

Sign in to follow this topic