Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Your Pregnancy Tips Rss

Hi to all our members.

Have you got some tips on Pregnancy that you could share with other Mum's? How did you cope with the changes to your body and relationship, and how did you prepare for the arrival of your baby?

Books and magazines are great but you can't beat the first hand experience of the Huggies Mums.

Regards
Lauraine
*Have a stick of cheese and a glass of milk everyday for bubs bones - calcium
*drink lots of water to keep your body flushed
*DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXERSICES
*massage moisturiser into your tummy everyday not only is it good for for skin but its good for the baby.( the massage bit )or get hubby to do it when he gets a chance and it will get him involved. some men feel left out. even jealous.
smile . smile .
these are just to name a few things.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Lemonade ice-blocks are great for morning sickness - they help to keep you hydrated, and contain sugar to keep blood sugar levels stable, as low blood sugar makes morning sickness worse!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I read on this site a few months ago somewhere by someone (i can't remember where and by who) that bananas are good for heartburn. I have a friend who is now 30 weeks pregnant and (a couple months back) she was commenting on how bad her heartburn was. I remembered what I read about the bananas and recommended them to her. The other day I happened to ask her how the bananas worked, and she said that they worked fantastic. She said that that was the best advice ever, she regularly eats them now and they ease her heartburn really well.
So, I thought that I would confirm with you all of a positive outcome with the bananas for heartburn and thankyou to whoever it was that recommended it in the first place. I had (i feel) fairly bad heartburn with my first pregnancy and now that I am 5 wks with my 2nd I will definitely be taking that advice on board myself. So, thankyou!

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Ice & Ginger beer were my morning sickness saviours. Ice bloks and frozen face washers got me through christmas day (at 8 month's pregnant).
But most of all hypnobirthing was amazing the breathing & relaxation techniques made my pregnancy & birth a relaxed and more enjoyable time for both me & my hubby.

I would say the best advice I could give a woman in pregnancy is to trust her instincts. That gut feeling (pardon the pun) is usually right. If you think something is wrong, or are unsure about advice - get all the information you can and follow your own first instincts. I found information to be power for me in my first pregnancy. I was so equipped with information, that I felt ready for all possible outcomes. I understood so much medical jargon the Obstetrician asked if I was a med student! I think I felt like I needed to be informed partly because I was quite young when I had my first baby and wanted to prove myself capable. If you are the type of person who worries a lot, this may be the wrong advice for you! Sometimes too much information can be a dangerous thing! Relax and listen to your body.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

i drank a lot of ginger ale too . the worst advice was from my mil who said to scrub my nipples with a nail brush which i did not do for obvius reasons maybe i should have as could not breast feed !

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Have Chiropractic treatment throughout your pregnancy (if its your thing!) It is very releiving on your aching bits and bubs is definately benefiting from it and seems to make for a more settled bub when they arrive

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Everyone,

The most important thing that no one has mentioned....is rest. They say that you almost get as much rest from laying down with your eyes closed as sleep! So keep that one in mind, it may just be a quick kip on the lounge, but it does wonders.

Other than that, my goal each day was to eat a banana, 2 cheese slices, 2 pieces of bread, and a meal. I have always been a good water drinker, but i also think that is important. This is when food was a turn off, that was always my minimum.

Good luck to all the pregnant ladies out there,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

If you plan to breastfeed rub wool fat on your nipples every night while pregnant as they prepare them for breastfeeding (can be bought from a chemist). My mum let me in on this one and I have not had any problems at all with breastfeeding (touch wood).

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

If you get cramps at night, place cork under your mattress and raise the matress with a phone book. Cork boards are good. I bought my as placemats from Big W.

As daft as this sounds, worked for me during my pregnancy.
I heard from somewhere, maybe from this forum once, that getting meals prepared in advance and freezing them before baby is due. I only knew of this till after my baby was born and didnt think to do this. Wish I did as my husband cant cook, and cooking is the last thing you want to do when you are sleep deprived..

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic