Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. how do you cope with others pregnancies?

how do you cope with others pregnancies? Rss

I feel your pain as well. Like it was said above - it's completely justified. Don't EVER feel bad about feeling bad - sometimes you just got to let it out. I've at least gotten to the point where I don't instantaneously cry when I see a newborn baby or those "mother & newborn baby in the hospital" moments in a movie or on a commercial. At least, MOST of the time I don't cry anymore! I had a similar "caught off guard moment" when I was talking to a very old friend, whom I've recently rekindled a close friendship with because she's been having fertility issues too. She just had surgery for endometriosis, but with the tissue removed they think IVF should work great for her. We were discussing how awkward it would be to tell the other if we got pregnant, and I reassured her that I'd be very happy for her and to please tell me if it happened. To that she replied, "well I'm sure I'll get pregnant long before you". I know she didn't mean any harm by it, but I literally had to end the conversation almost immediately because it hurt so much to hear. Deep down I know she's probably right, but still… In fact, today I had another moment. I was walking 2 blocks to get a newspaper. Out of nowhere this little boy comes up to me and asks, "excuse me, do you have any kids?" I think he was looking for someone to play with, but once again... It definitely set me off a little bit. So keep your chin up! It happens to us all and it is a very emotional process and therefore understandable to feel so sensitive about it.
Dear the feeling is awful but you just have to deal with it. Your reaction is natural and I can tell that virtually everyone would feel the same way. You just to discipline the mind to be happy in such situations and be hopeful that yours will work out fine pretty soon.
I am so sorry you had to go through that. I can understand how hard that must have been for you. Stay strong and positive. Just know that life can at times be harsh but you have to stay strong. Good luck to you. Visit a good doctor! That changed things for me. Sending baby dust your way.
Sadly enough, our ovaries do not care if you are a vegan, gluten-free marathoner. Each woman is born with a finite number of eggs. With age, both the number and quality of these eggs decreases. Obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes can further impede your ability to get pregnant. These issues can increase the risk of miscarriage. They can cause complications during the pregnancy itself. Staying healthy is important to maximize your chances of conceiving and help you have a healthier pregnancy. But diet and exercise alone cannot fully overcome the effects of aging on the ovary. You may be wondering if these numbers are all doom and gloom. Why does it seem like there are so many fabulous forty-somethings with babies at the playground? While a ten percent chance per year of conceiving seems low, there is a significant portion of the population in their forties. So there are still a lot of women getting pregnant and having normal healthy pregnancies in their forties. Another consideration is that a majority of women undergoing fertility treatments over the age of 40 use eggs from egg donors. All the fertility and complication rates are tied to the age of the eggs. So if younger eggs were used then odds of healthy pregnancy go up significantly. This is performed through IVF. which can be an expensive and exhausting process..Even if it's the time you face difficulties, please do remember. - Next day you get up. You pull all your strength. You put your brave face on - and GO ON! Blessings.
I can understand how you might be feeling. This feeling is really hard to go through. I have had several such incidents. People who are not going through this situation cant really feel the pain. For them, conceiving is something very easy to do. Therefore, there are people who often times say stuff without realizing how painful that could have been for others. This is one of the reasons why I keep myself away from negativity. I used to be a very social person! however, now I dont really go out. It is better to be inside and be happy. Rather than being askwd 100 questions. I hope things get better for you. Visit a good doctor and give IVF another try. It is an amazing procedure! However, expertise is required.
Hey, stay strong! I know such situations really can break one down. This has happened to me on many occasions. However, honestly speaking just stay positive. Keep yourself involved in things that involve less human interaction. Also, talk about your feelings with your DH. This is because he will be able to relate with you the most. Sending baby dust your way.
C_Lains wrote:
Sadly enough, our ovaries do not care if you are a vegan, gluten-free marathoner. Each woman is born with a finite number of eggs. With age, both the number and quality of these eggs decreases. Obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes can further impede your ability to get pregnant. These issues can increase the risk of miscarriage. They can cause complications during the pregnancy itself. Staying healthy is important to maximize your chances of conceiving and help you have a healthier pregnancy. But diet and exercise alone cannot fully overcome the effects of aging on the ovary. You may be wondering if these numbers are all doom and gloom. Why does it seem like there are so many fabulous forty-somethings with babies at the playground? While a ten percent chance per year of conceiving seems low, there is a significant portion of the population in their forties. So there are still a lot of women getting pregnant and having normal healthy pregnancies in their forties. Another consideration is that a majority of women undergoing fertility treatments over the age of 40 use eggs from egg donors. All the fertility and complication rates are tied to the age of the eggs. So if younger eggs were used then odds of healthy pregnancy go up significantly. This is performed through IVF. which can be an expensive and exhausting process..Even if it's the time you face difficulties, please do remember. - Next day you get up. You pull all your strength. You put your brave face on - and GO ON! Blessings.

Your posts are always soo informative to read. I would say that what you eat does have an impact. This is something that the science says. Therefore, we can't deny that. Good luck to you. I hope everything goes well for you. I am in the middle of the process. So far everything is going really well.
I am totally fine with other people having kids. I have been there where I was too jealous and could not bear a single thought about them. But I am in a better place right now. And I wish all of you to reach the same.
xx
You spoke my mind! I have felt this way quite a bit. Yeah, when nothing seems to be working out for you, it's quite normal to feel this way. I've been TTC for three years. It can be really hard to stay focused. Especially, when it's working out so easily for others! I hope things get better for you.
I think I agree with all these lovely women. They're absolutely correct in this regard. It's okay to feel that way, honey. You'll feel a lot better once it happens for you. Which I hope, happens really soon! Best of luck to you. Keep trying, you can get through it.
Mila, don't be too hard on yourself. It's fine to feel this way. I can relate so much to it! I have gone through this, exactly. It's just really hard because you feel bad. If you feel guilty about it, then it gets super tough. You can't really talk to anyone who won't understand. Only women in our situations can understand. I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's perfectly normal, though. If it's any consolation, I used to be quite jealous! I hope your luck turns around. Here's to hoping you get a BFP really soon. My prayers are with you. Sending you lots and lots of baby dust!
Hey, honey. It's perfectly okay to feel this way. I think considering we're all humans, it shouldn't be big. We are all capable of making such mistakes. So, I think you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. The fact that you feel a little guilty for feeling that way, it makes it fine. Yeah, you probably shouldn't say it out loud. It's hard to be certain that they will understand. However, sharing it on a forum is fine. People can understand here. They've all felt that way, so it's all good. Best of luck to you, too! You can get through this time. Hopefully, your luck changes around. Keep us posted on your journey. x
Sign in to follow this topic