Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

36 yo, wanting ivf sibling Rss

Hello and intro! I'm 36 with 1 kid conceived naturally. But, here I am wanting just 1 more. We've been trying for about 18 months now on and off. This is the month I'm starting to get serious about it. Supplements, acupuncture, no wine (kind of a biggie lol) and trying to time BD'ing with Ovulation better.
I hope that I am welcome since we already have a kid. I know the struggle of wanting a baby and not being able to get pregnant and how hopeless you can feel. While I know it's a long shot since I have 1 ovary and POF. Also time is not on my side. We will be going the IVF route. SThe past 18 months I’ve tried to be strong and not let our fertility difficulties affect life in general. I’d probably have a couple of bad days after I’d get AF but I’d pick myself up and carry on. As of the couple of weeks I’m struggling to carry on normal life right now, I’m an emotional wreck. I’m not motivated to do anything that I used to love. I’m trying so hard to hide it and put on a brave face to everyone outside my house. My husband is my rock and normally the optimistic one.
Looking forward some words of support from experienced ivf'ers and ladies struggling desperate for a baby. Would love to hear from all.
Thank you and be blessed always!!
Hell, I hope you are fine. It must be hard for you. Maybe IVF is the only way to help you out. The treatment doesn't really matter. You are gonna get your baby through it. It makes me sad when people just give up. They do not think about any possibilities. They think that it's the end of the world. I really respect people like you. Keep doing the brave work. I am sure your IVF will be successful. Find a good clinic though. Do not trust any clinic with such a delicate treatment. I hope everything goes well for you. xx
Hey there. How are you doing? I hope you are doing great. I am really sorry about your problem. It must hurt a lot. I know I have been through it. IVF is a great choice for you should consider it. I wish you good luck. Take care.
Hi lady, good to know about your kid. Hope you are doing well and also good health for you and your child. Dear, being a mother is the biggest pleasure on could ever have, but you have. Instead of going for a more technical process, you should go for surrogacy first. I also have two children through surrogacy. It’s less complicated than chemical pregnancy and costs low too. So, hope for the best and go through it!
I'm so sorry you're facing troubles in TTC. It really is tough. Your condition is one I've heard to be called second infertility. I guess age could be a factor. However, it shouldn't be considering you're just 36. Anyway, IVF might be a good option for you. There are many cases I've heard where it works so well for people. But then I hear some trying so much with that as well, spending so much but to no avail. I think if you're going for it, you should consider investing in a clinic that has good reviews. Like there are some that offer unlimited tries. That would really be worth the money. Anyway, not trying to discourage you here. Just stating facts. I wish you get your second child!
I'm also one of those who is struggling very hard to have a baby.Now i'm married for second time at the age of 43.
Surrogacy is the best solution for women who are trying to have a baby.
But are unable to conceive due to pregnancy issues.
Like i was married once and i had also many complications regarding pregnancy.
They have suggested surrogacy as a solution to my problems.
Surrogate will carry our children in her womb for 9 months.
The surrogate will go through proper testing to carry our child.
I also had persuaded my husband for this option of having a baby.
I conceived for three times but resulted in miscarriage.
I want to have a baby of my own.
BioTexCom is the best solution regarding surrogacy.
You can also visit BioTexCom clinic from there website.
But regarding pregnancy complications from my previous marriage i guess it is not a good idea to be pregnant again.
I contacted a number of clinics and told them every aspect and complication regarding my previous pregnancies.
There are many clinics regarding surrogacy services.
I also think that surrogacy is the best solution to my problem.
If someone is raising a child from surrogacy please let us know about their experience.
Thanks in advance.
Hey there. How are you doing? I hope you are doing great. I am really sorry that you have to go through this. I know it can get hard. I know because I have been through this. It really breaks my heart to see women in this condition. However, the best thing you could do is be strong. Don't give up and be positive. Positivity is all you need. Stay positive and be calm. If it doesn't work go for IVF or surrogacy. I wish you good luck. Hoping to hear good news soon. Take care.
Secondary infertility is the thing you're referring to. It is quite as common as infertility. Maybe a little more disappointing than regular infertility. As you've never thought that after conceiving naturally, you'd have to face infertility in the future. I'm sorry to hear about it. I'm glad you've chosen IVF as your next step. IVF is proving to be successful nowadays. It is an expensive process. I hope you get success in it. It is a painful procedure but honestly, the result is worth the pain. I can say this for sure because I had my son through an IVF process. It was a great experience. I kept it confidential so no one knew that this isn't a natural pregnancy. Once the embryo is transferred into your uterus, it feels like a natural pregnancy. Everything will be fine. All the best!
Hey there! IVF is a great option. I had infertility as well. Life was determined to through every stone in its bag at me. So, I broke down. But after a lot of help, I was on my feet again. Ready to find a solution to my problem. IVF struck me as a blessing. I cannot thank that friend enough who introduced me to biotexcom. I admit I chose the clinic because it was quite econoical. Also it was offering multiple number of attempts till success. Who woud reject that, right? Thank God my decision turned out to be the best one I made. I have a daughter now. I wish you happiness as well. Good luck.
Hi there. How is everything going? I hope it's all going great. I am happy to hear about your son. However, it's really heartbreaking to think about your current issue. I know it must feel hard. Wanting to be a mother is a very serious wish. It's a beautiful feeling too. However, if you don't get it. Then it can hurt a lot. I would suggest be strong and keep fighting. I hope it works out. Wishing you good luck. Take care. I'll wait to hear good news soon.
Thank you, lovelies, for your supportive posts. My inner part keeps telling we're on the right track. And I've come to the point when biology has no matter to us. This is all about OUR kid now. We aren't considering surrogacy option. Will be going ivf route with donor egg.
Actually the date of 1st app is coming. Will willingly share things with you, good luck to all!
Kimmelanie221 wrote:
Hello and intro! I'm 36 with 1 kid conceived naturally. But, here I am wanting just 1 more. We've been trying for about 18 months now on and off. This is the month I'm starting to get serious about it. Supplements, acupuncture, no wine (kind of a biggie lol) and trying to time BD'ing with Ovulation better.
I hope that I am welcome since we already have a kid. I know the struggle of wanting a baby and not being able to get pregnant and how hopeless you can feel. While I know it's a long shot since I have 1 ovary and POF. Also time is not on my side. We will be going the IVF route. SThe past 18 months I’ve tried to be strong and not let our fertility difficulties affect life in general. I’d probably have a couple of bad days after I’d get AF but I’d pick myself up and carry on. As of the couple of weeks I’m struggling to carry on normal life right now, I’m an emotional wreck. I’m not motivated to do anything that I used to love. I’m trying so hard to hide it and put on a brave face to everyone outside my house. My husband is my rock and normally the optimistic one.
Looking forward some words of support from experienced ivf'ers and ladies struggling desperate for a baby. Would love to hear from all.
Thank you and be blessed always!!

Please, do have a look onto this article~~
''***Center for Human Reproduction offers patients who are above 40 and for those, who suffer from low levels of AMH, an innovative program that makes it possible to get pregnant with their own eggs. Mitochondria replacement therapy is an innovation and a breakthrough in the field of ART and the fertility treatment. This program gives women, who underwent numerous unsuccessful IVF cycles, aged 40+, patients with low mitochondrial functional activity, an excellent chance to give birth to a child who shares a genetic relationship with her and her partner. Mitochondrion is one of the most important components of any living cell, including the egg. In simple words, mitochondrion is the cell’s energy station. Essentially, its work consists in supplying the cell with vital energy for its normal functioning. Women that went through multiple unsuccessful IVF attempts, as well as of older reproductive age, need to restore oocyte mitochondria in order to successfully become pregnant.
A woman can become pregnant only if there are functionally active mitochondria in her oocytes. Donation of mitochondria will allow thousands of hopeless women to give birth to a healthy child through IVF using mitochondrial donation. To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria, a patient, and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte and integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy.'' Mitochondrial DNA and Human DNA are different things. It only gives that necessary energy to the oocyst and helps with developing an embryo and make it stronger. DNA is in the core of the mitochondria, which are not used for donation. Therefore, genetically, mitochondria have no effect on the embryo. So you get genetically related to you kid!
I know this is quite a late post of mine. It's been a year since you posted, but in case there was a delay etc. I just thought this might help you to know you can keep the genetic link to your baby.
Hoping for your best.
Sign in to follow this topic