Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Early Signs of Pregnancy Rss

Hello, I just wanted to share some of my early pregnancy signs as I am a mother of a 5 year old with a previous partner and have recently been trying for almost 7 months to get pregnanctwith my current partner. I am 33 years old.

I just wanted to say that not everyone has massives of signs of being pregnant before 4 weeks (your missed period) I also assumed every cycle I was going to be pregnant, so put every symptom down to being possibly pregnant haha.

Anyway, I said if I did get pregnant and luckily now I am I would make sure I’d write down what symptoms I had...

So... I’m normally quite hormonal on my periods anyway so do normally get sore boobs, so again wasn’t assuming anything however maybe around conception time, I did get some shooting pains in my breasts which I don’t normally get. I wasn’t sure what it was but i was quite painful at times but only every now and then.

Also before every period about 4 days before I get spotting!! Very frustrating as again I’d hope it was implantation bleeding was pregnancy and then dissapointingly got my period.

My periods are pretty regular and this time on day 25 i thought I had spotting after sex and thought of course I’m getting my period, was quite dissapointed. However i spotted for the day then the following days after it went back to milky discharge. I thought it was a little strange...I did a digital PT on day 27 after drinking a huge cup of tea (do not do, dilutes hormones) and it said I wasn’t... So again thought “ok, well I’m normally 28days so will wait and get my period”...it didn’t come. On day 29 (I’m very impatient) and did a normal +/- test and it came back with a faint line but I was pregnant!!! Was very happy!

I just want to say everyone said “just relax, dont stress about it as that will make it hard for you to conceive” and tell you all the stories of when they gave up hope, all their friends did...they got pregnant. Well....I want to say to that “thats basically completely impossible haha...if you are trying to get pregnant, you think about it A LOT! I’ts ok and its normal.

I did change my mindset though. When I first started trying I had every app going and logged every symptom... I dont think it was a good idea. Every month I wasn’t I felt a little stupid that I thought every symptom was possibly pregnancy...I then was told to do ovulation sticks... I did them, was positive, had sex at the right time (i think) and again I wasn’t pregnant!! It filled me with soooo much dissapoinment. So then I thought, my wellbeing and being happy with my relationship is a lot more important than unsexy sex at the “right time” haha... I know a lot of couples were trying to have a baby and it has nearly broken them up or actually has because of how unsexy it gets and stressful (making a baby unless accidently for me anyway was not sexy as I kept thinking... is this the one wink” haha we all do it!

Anyway... I dont think women who say “ you can only come near me when I’m ovulating” are right and its a bit mean! You should enjoy sex when you’re not and unless you are doing the sticks which I think are OTT then your body always ovulates on different days wo who the hell knows when its actually “the right time”. My relationship was more important to keep strong as of course as we all do, I was wondering “well maybe we cant/ he can’t/ I cant...we may need more help etc. Etc.) and I thought well if worst thing, we cant, which would be sad...I still knew I wanted to be with him. Of course, its a bit easier as I already have one but I didnt with him).

The only thing I did for the last 3 months, was I generally looked at the week which you are likely to “succeed” and just hoped we did it enough. It worked this time...and I actually thought it wouldn’t happen. It did...! When he was tired I didnt say “well....its probably ovulation day, so thanks butthead for not wanting sex” out loud anyway wink!! It’s more important to keep your guy happy too and not too much pressure on.

Anyway, I know everyone is different and many methods work for other people but I wanted to share my thoughts and how it went for me.

Do not give up hope... always believe it can happen. Dont worry about thinking about it either and wanted to be pregnant...thats positive thinking.

Fingers crossed for all you trying!! Xxxx
Hey, I am very happy for you. Good luck on this beautiful journey. I am sure things will work out fine for you. Find a nice OBGYN to keep a check and balance. A regular check and balance are very important. Do not neglect little things. That is the only way for a successful pregnancy.
Congrats! Happy for you both!
Dear Minnie Mouse from Australia, it is great to hear such a pleasing news from you. Once a couple enters into a wedlock, it looks forward to the great news of having a baby. Parenthood is the source of completion for the love between the couple. You are lucky to have this come true so quickly. I have come across several couples who feel devastated because they cannot conceive. Infertility takes away all the happiness. Dear mom to be, your current scenario must be challenging.It is really difficult to cope with the early pregnancy. As you have already experienced all this before so it might not be bothering you too much. It is also not necessary that all pregnancies are the same. The symptoms vary from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. There is no need to get stressed about these changes. Take these changes as part of the natural process. Good rest, healthy food and exercise can benefit you all through the pregnancy. I wish you all the best for the smooth pregnancy.
Dear Minnie Mouse from Australia, it is great to hear such a pleasing news from you. Once a couple enters into a wedlock, it looks forward to the great news of having a baby. Parenthood is the source of completion for the love between the couple. You are lucky to have this come true so quickly. I have come across several couples who feel devastated because they cannot conceive. Infertility takes away all the happiness. Dear mom to be, your current scenario must be challenging.It is really difficult to cope with the early pregnancy. As you have already experienced all this before so it might not be bothering you too much. It is also not necessary that all pregnancies are the same. The symptoms vary from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. There is no need to get stressed about these changes. Take these changes as part of the natural process. Good rest, healthy food and exercise can benefit you all through the pregnancy. I wish you all the best for the smooth pregnancy.
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately I started bleeding yesterday quite heavily. Unsure now because either I was never pregnant even though I had definitive fake positive lines in two tests.... or I’ve miscarried early on. The blood was different to normal with a lot more clots and stringy sounds think I was pregnant. Took another test though yesterday and it was negative...

Been to docs and had a blood test and waiting for results to see if I have any hcg hormone in my blood.

In a way I hope so, as it means that we can get pregnant and gives me hope...time will tell!

If I’m not though I’m still going to try and relax and let it happen. Just thought I’d share with you all x
My dear Minnie, it is really very sad. I hope your blood tests don't come with any serious things to tell. It is good that you had an early test for diagnosis. This would make the picture clearer. Once you have your diagnosis, it would be easier to predict that what are you going to do in the future. Whatever the results are staying hopeful. There is so much for you in the future.
Thank you so much for writing this much to help others. It is something really important and everyone must know it. This is so nice of you to take out some time. Helping others makes you feel better. If someone can get a little from your experience, it is an amazing feeling. Being pregnant is the best experience of one's life. I wish every woman gets to experience it. Many couples are struggling hard to conceive. Here are lots of luck to every struggling couple out there. I wish everyone the happiness they are trying to find.
I hope that you will be pregnant soon. Good luck with parenting. You will be sharing your good news with us too, right? I will be waiting to hear it. Lots of love and luck to you. Hope to hear soon. Much love.
Hey, Minnie, I read your whole post. It’s an obvious sign of pregnancy that you get. Means every woman feels like that when she missed her period. It means you are ovulating. Congratulations dear. It’s a time to enjoy. Chill. Hormonal changes and increased blood flow make your breast feel sore, swollen sometime and tender as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. They may also appear as larger. Feel like they are full of something. That time hormonal ejection is on top. You can simply feel it by the changes in your appearance. These signs cause a headache most of the time. You may feel dizziness. For that, you may have a pregnancy test. After sometime these changes will be normalized.
Hello dear, just dropped in once again to find out that you are feeling better. I get really worried when I come across such stories. Such stories remind me of my hard times. Facing infertility is a very difficult thing. Have you went for the checkup. It is very important to follow up the condition to prevent future complications. I wish you a safe and happy life.
Hey everyone.Pregnancy is the nice time in every women life.There is no happiness and enjoyment without them.I am facing so many difficulties during conceiving.In my first pregnancy, I had really tough time.At that time, full nine months I was suffering from severe sickness and vomiting.I think no one facing this in the whole time during pregnancy.I wish every woman had a great time, and enjoying all the moments.
Hi, dear! Congrats to both of you! All these announcements are so inspiring while getting prepared for ivf cycle. Have so much hope it'll work from the 1st attempt..
Well, to cut long story short, I already have a kid conceived naturally. But I'm desperate for another one. The point is that my health conditions got worse, so I can't count on natural conceiving any more. Months ago they diagnosed me on POF, adding only 1 viable ovary. Our Dr gave us 1% of conceiving with that miserable one-two eggs still remaining, pretending we'd better go straight to donor egg. Currently we're waiting for our 1st app. with fertility clinic. But still I have a couple of things to share concerning prego symptoms (judging from our natural. I wonder if they'll differ with the ivf baby's ones - if we're blessed).
I did home test day#1 after AF did not arrive. But got a bfn (too early I guess). Only because I had a pain go accros my tummy (inplantaion) also pinching in pelvic area . So then had a pure white (milk) cm thick sticky after my bfp and hot flashes so face felt like burning a temperature. And cold hands and feeling cold everywhere else. Also I noticed I've had headaches compared to ones like a migraine. Felt really sick..This is amazing how body may react at a new tiny being inside. Holly x
Sign in to follow this topic