Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TTC August 2015 Lock Rss

Hi Loo Lou. From What I have learned yes, on the day you get your positive, be it digital ( solid smiley) or the 2 pink lines where the test line needs to be as pink as or darker than the control line, then I have taken it to mean O can happen anywhere from 12 hours-possibily 36 hours later. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. It obviously doesnt mean 100% that you will O in that time frame, it could be quicker or longer or not at all, only measuring temperature can totally pinpoint O but I am hoping I dont need to do that.
I guess I have had plenty of time to get to know my cycle which is a good thing and have been 100% regular with each cycle which I am grateful for. I also get signs of O like increased libido, EWCM and BB pain from O until a day before AF so I pretty much know when the witch will make an appearance when that pain goes away.
For me the CB digi OPK worked really well but as I have always had 3 days of blank circle and flashing smiley and then the solid smiley I dont need to use them anymore. I also chart on Fertility Friend to keep track of things. With the cheap OPK not everyone gets the strong second pink line as a positive, in previous cycles I have never seen 2 strong pink lines but I still did O, this is the first cycle where I did see a very pink second line so I am sure today is the day. Will carry on testing with the cheap tests today just to see if second line still there or if it has gone and I have had my surge.
With testing, I was always unsure when to test in the beginning but I ignored the leaflet that came with the test and chose 3pm as my test time with a 2 hour hold on drinking/having a wee before hand and that always worked well. I read you will have a surge of the LH after 11AM so pointless testing with FMU. You can test more than once a day so later in the evening is actually a good time to do it.
Yes, my cycles are a little shorter at 25 days, working out only a 11 day Luteal Phase. It needs to be at least 10 to support a pregnancy although I do know it can happen with a shorter LP. This may be where I may have an issue, either I O a lot later than I think meaning LP shorter than 11 days and as I have been stopping BD on CD 15 just so we can have a break that may be where we are going wrong too, so continuing longer with that. Also if anyone is taking Evening Primrose Oil make sure you stop it from O onwards which I will stop taking it from today. If witch turns up I will resume taking it again.

Ok sorry for the long post, hoping all that info helps for some people, it certainly helped me in the days of O testing when I didnt even want to do it and glad I did smile Good luck everyone. My 2WW begins tomorrow so will update list then.
Ahhh Freogirl, how exciting. You are doing much better than I was last month! I was testing quite often!

This month as I mentioned in previous posts I am not testing until AF is due (fx not on the 6th) With PCOS it's a bit hard to know the exact date although it has been mostly 29-31 days for the past few months. I keep seeing the date and know I could do a first response pregnancy test for early detection but I am trying with all my might to resist!!! I was way to stressed last cycle it was borderline unhealthy!!
I even decided against doing any ovulation testing this month, just relying on ovulation calculator and my body which matched quite well.

FX to everyone I am wishing, hoping praying for that BFP in the next few days. sending out all the positive vibes for everyone!!!! please let this be our month!
Thanks for all the info bagpuss. Very helpful.
I am taking EPO, which I stopped taking a couple of days ago.
I am also 1dpo. My luteal phase seems to be around 11-12 days smile I'll probably start testing next Saturday lol
Thanks Bagpuss80 that helps a lot.
That's awesome your cycle is short when ttc although that would be annoying for life generally ??

I wish I knew my cycle that well,
So many of our close friends are announcing pregnancies Iam hoping like mad this will be our month. My ob was like you'll be right I'll see you real soon so I'm hoping he was right and it happens!

Fingers crossed for everyone.
From what I've been told by my dr you should use OPKs as instructed, for the cheapie ones the best time is around 2pm in the afternoon but the digital ones are designed to be used with FMU. I'd say if you have been using digital ones in the afternoon that would be why they aren't working for you. I'd suggest trying them with FMU otherwise you're probably wasting your money - they certainly aren't cheap! Good luck x
Ok, found the list lol

TTC - Trying to conceive
TWB - Two weeks before
TWW - Two week wait
FRER - First Response Earl Response (referring to preg test)
OPK's - Ovulation predictor Kit's
B'ding/dtd - Baby Dancing/doing the deed
O - Ovulating
AF - Aunt Flo (your period)
Fx - Fingers crossed
DPO - Days post ovulation
DD - Dear Daughter
DS - Dear Son
DH - Dear Husband
DP - Dear partner
OH - Other Half
CM - Cervical Mucus
EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus
CD - Cycle Day
BFN - Big Fat Negative
BFP - Big Fat Positive
NTNP - Not trying, not preventing
EPO - Evening Primrose Oil
FMU - First Morning Urine/wee

If there's anymore anyone can think of, i'll add it to the list. I'll also add it back in my first post at the start of this thread for future reference, so you don't need to keep searching each page for it later down the track wink
Hey ladies I think I will jump over from July thread. I am due for AF on Wednesday and I feel i have had no symptoms at all apart from a weird taste in mouth which I am putting down to the sore throat I have and also a tight sore tummy which could be from gym workout. Trying to not get excited. I did a hpt and it was negative not even a slight positive line (on internet cheapie). I feel like I am out so just have to wait for the witch to arrive.
Just adding myself to the list

TWB -
Jellybean TTC#1, cycle 4 O due around 2nd Aug, AF due around 16th Aug
JT_22 TTC#1 cycle#3 O due 21/22 July, AF due approx 6th August
Lovablenz TTC#3, cycle 6, O due 2nd August, AF due 16th August
Bagpuss80 TTC #4 Cycle 4, O due 2nd August AF due 14th August
Loo lou TTC #5 Cycle #2 - AF due Mid August
makalu TTC #2 cycle #2 O due 10-15 August, AF due 24-29 August (guess)
Haylsa - TTC#1 cycle #4 O due 14th Aug, AF due 29th Aug
Mel357 TTC#1 cycle 7, O due about 15th Aug, AF due about 29th Aug

TWW -
Rhiann0n19 - TTC#3 Cycle 6, O due around 22nd of July, AF 5th August

BFP -
Good luck Rhiann0n19. It is not over until she appears. Sometimes the lack of symptoms is actually a very good sign smile

Just updating list as I am now at 1DPO. Not testing this cycle. As I am regular I will wait until day of AF due and if she isnt here by the evening time then will test. My body always lets me know a day or so before that she is on her way so I dont want to waste my money this time round. Feeling postive and relaxed and less stressed. BD until CD17 ( today is CD15).

Ladies, if you are not on the list yet feel free to copy and paste and add details even if not sure on dates then it will be easy to keep up to date with where everyone is in cycle smile

TWB -

TWW -

BFP -
Just adding myself to the list smile

TWB -

TWW -
Townsangel TTC#4 Cycle 2, O due around 27 July, AF due around 10 August

BFP -
Lovely to see someone else trying for #4 or more smile
Just updating to add myself to the TWW

TWB -

TWW -
Townsangel TTC#4 Cycle 2, O due around 27 July, AF due around 10 August
Jellybean TTC#1, cycle 4, O due 2nd Aug, AF due 14th Aug

BFP -
Sign in to follow this topic