Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TTC August 2015 Lock Rss

Would like to join in - can the abbreviations please be explained? Thanks!!! grin
Hi girlies! Just adding myself onto this list too.
I'm 24 with a 5 year old. TTC for 3 years now after getting off the depo. I have PCOS. I've lost 10 kilos so periods are getting regular again. I want to lose 20 more kilos though. Hopefully August is the month i fall pregnant ! Good luck everyone !

P.S. any tips on TTC or products that'll help? smile
Hi ladies,
Im joining in. I had the implanon removed late last month had spotting on the 15th-16th this month. Ive been feeling off the past few days so i bought a box of the clear blue ovulation tests and did one this morning and sure enough the solid smiley face came up! Going to try and sneak BD in tonight.

Hi ladies

So hubby and i have decided to start trying for bub #2! Very exciting and scary as all get out haha

Last time we used OPKs and the spermfriendly lube and that combo resulted in our dd who is nearly 16 months old.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all x
Hi. Hope everyone is ok. This is cycle 4 for me and I got my flashing smiley on CB Digi OPK yesterday ( CD10) so gearing up for O at the weekend which is good as more time to BD smile If I dont get a BFP with this cycle dont think I will O test again as I seem to have a pretty regular cycle, I get the same amount of low and high fertility days on exactly the same CD each month so it's a waste of money but helpful for the early days while you get to know your cycle. I get EWCM and BB pain at O so I can pinpoint it pretty much as long as I cover all the important days with BD then nothing else I can do. I dont do temping so no cant guarantee 100% that I definetely O but if I am getting positive opk and other signs then I must be.
Exciting you got ur flashing smiley Bagpuss! I'm starting opks again tomorrow and expecting to O next week. Looking forward to being in with a chance again, rather that just waiting to ovulate!
Jumping over from the July thread. AF is due around 10th (PCOS= irregular cycle) so its probably more appropriate that I am in this group smile

TTC baby 4 and currently in cycle 2 smile

I've been using cheapie ebay OPKs and having absolutely no luck :/ Faint test line one day, nothing the next. (stupid PCOS) So I have no idea if/when I ovulated but it should have been about 4 days ago....
Having intercourse every 2-3 days throughout the month anyway because I knew I couldn't really rely on the OPKs.

Initially I had planned to try naturally for the first few months after stopping birth control pills because I have heard that the first few months after stopping is actually a good window for PCOS sufferers. If I had no luck, I was going to go to the doctor and request a prescription for Metformin (I fell pregnant with baby #3 within weeks of taking this medication and know how effective it is for me).
Unfortunately, my doctor is not supportive of me trying for another baby as it would be my 4th C-section, so it looks like i'm on my own :/

So now I'm looking into all of the herbs and natural aids that a lot of you lovely ladies have mentioned and am interested to know if they are all suitable for use in a woman with PCOS.
In addition to this- I have to get serious about daily moderate exercise and low carb diet which I know is very important for any woman but even more so for us PCOS ladies :/
Even as I write this, I think "it would be soooo much easier if I could just fluke and fall pregnant this month!" wink wink hehehe
StepMumma wrote:
Would like to join in - can the abbreviations please be explained? Thanks!!! grin

From what I can make out:
TTC= Trying to Conceive
BFP= positive pregnancy test
BFN=negative pregnancy test
O= ovulate
OPK= ovulation prediction test
AF= period
EPO= Evening Primrose Oil

And that's about all I have wink
I could be wrong but that's the way I read things! wink wink
StepMumma wrote:

From what I can make out:
TTC= Trying to Conceive
BFP= positive pregnancy test
BFN=negative pregnancy test
O= ovulate
OPK= ovulation prediction test
AF= period
EPO= Evening Primrose Oil
FX= fingers crossed
DH= darling/dear husband
DD= darling/dear daughter
DS= darling/dear son

And that's about all I have wink
I could be wrong but that's the way I read things! wink wink
Hi all, AF arrived today so jumping over from the July group.
TTC#1, cycle 7, O around 15th, AF hopefully not due around 29th!

I'm going to add EPO into the mix with the folate and zinc I'm already taking and hopefully that may increase the chances of a BFP! smile
Just adding myself to the list

TWB -
Jellybean TTC#1, cycle 4 O due around 2nd Aug, AF due around 16th Aug
JT_22 TTC#1 cycle#3 O due 21/22 July, AF due approx 6th August
Lovablenz TTC#3, cycle 6, O due 2nd August, AF due 16th August
Bagpuss80 TTC #4 Cycle 4, O due 2nd August AF due 14th August
Loo lou TTC #5 Cycle #2 - AF due Mid August
makalu TTC #2 cycle #2 O due 10-15 August, AF due 24-29 August (guess)
Haylsa - TTC#1 cycle #4 O due 14th Aug, AF due 29th Aug
Mel357 TTC#1 cycle 7, O due about 15th Aug, AF due about 29th Aug

TWW -

BFP -
Can someone please tell me what TWB and TWW mean?
Thanks smile
Sign in to follow this topic