Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Missed period but still negative tests?

Missed period but still negative tests? Rss

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a little help.

This month i am now 3-4 days late on my period (meant to get it on Sunday and it is now Wednesday morning) - this is extremely unusual for me as i am normally like clockwork! however i am testing each day and they are negative :S I have tried to read up online and most of the websites say this can be caused by stress which really does not apply to me at all as i have not been stressed (even with ttc) and my schedule is no different, and another reason is illnes - which again i don't think applies to me.

I am just getting a little worried as my symptoms are, slight cramping, bloating and the most noticeable is tender/tingly breasts which never normally happens to me (well never like this).

The frustrating part for me is that due to my period not arriving i am facing the dissapointment of the negative tests (not that it is getting me down too much as what will be, will be) but it is putting me all out of wack for this new month of trying.

So really to boil it all down, i am wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and is it too late (3-4 days late) to expect a positive pregnancy test to turn up? (as i see all these people who seem to get their BFP before their missed period or on the day of)

It my be too early yet, so don't giv up! I would go to the doc and ask for a bloody test that way you know for sure. Fx for ya!

Hey there,

With DS1 my pregnancy tests came back negative for 2 weeks post when my period was due. I had done numerous tests and was left thinking that my cycle must just be out of whack! But nope, finally got a positive. So there is hope. Maybe make a GP appt for early next & have bloods done if AF doesn't show by then

Fingers crossed x
Aw thank you everyone, i feel a little better now knowing that others have had this problem. Still no AF so i am going to book a doc appointment for Monday next week (which is never a bad thing) so we will see what happens
Went and got a First response early detection kit last night but still a BFN so don't really know what is going on, hopefully i will know on Monday.

xx
Just to keep this post updated for others who may be in the same boat as i was. I just got my BFP from the doctor today after MANY negative tests after my missed period grin so if anyone is in the same situation don't give up (i never thought it was possible to have a negative test after your missed period).

So my BFP came 17 days after my missed period.

xx
Congrats Mellie Belly that is great news. Hope its a great pregnancy for you grin grin

Yay congrats Mellybelly!! Wow BFPS everywhere!!

Woo Hoo congrats!!!

Yay! Congrats. on your BFP Melliebelly!

All the best for a smooth pregnancy!

Melliebelly congratulations!!! That gives me so much hope! Im on my sixth late day and still getting negatives on hpt ... But starting to think i just might be with some symptoms showing up ... Congrats again
Same things happening to me! I'm now 4 days late and all the tests I've done are negative.

Not really sure if I should wait til Monday and see what happens or book in for a blood test...
Thanks so much everyone and i am sending out all of my luck to all of you girls that are trying smile

I never had a blood test from the doctor (well only having them now for blood type and so on, all the normal ones!)

But i had been testing for nearly two weeks at home with all negative results - so it is fair to say i had given up on the idea of being pregnant for that month. A week after giving up on the pregnancy tests at home i started to get quite bad cramping to the point where it was keeping me up at night, so i looked for info on the net which made me think i was seriously ill as it was combined with the missed period, so it took me some nerve to book in at the doc, she then did a urine test and it was POSITIVE!! i came home and did about 5 more just to prove it to myself haha but the doc felt it would have been as i ovulated late.

Hope this helps you girls in the same boat smile
Sign in to follow this topic