Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Falling pregnant for the second time- havent had a period since having #1 (she's 15 months now) & we're ready for #2

Falling pregnant for the second time- havent had a period since having #1 (she's 15 months now) & we're ready for #2 Lock Rss

My husband & I are ready to try for bub #2... but I wanted to know if anyone else has had a situation similar to me & fallen pregnant.

Bub #1 is fully breastfed- and i have only started the weaning process in the past week (She is still feeding first thing in the morning, then before bed & wakes once a night for a feed, i just cut out daytime feeds and will continue cutting back further in the coming weeks)

I have not had any period since I had her back in October 2010 (15 months ago) and am concerned that the chances of falling prenant are slim. I have read a lot of forums & i know you can fall pregnant after having a baby, but since it is now 15 months later and still no sign of period- would i be releasing an egg? My periods have always been spot on 28 days proir to baby #1.

Also, i havent been on the pill since having bub #1, but at the same time we have not been 'trying' to concieve. Would love to hear if anyone has a similar story. Thanks smile
i would say its because your breastfeeding still, your body is telling itself not to ovulate because you still have a baby smile once u stop breastfeeding im sure it will settle. i havny had a period since my 6 month old was born and i fed him till 3 months but i have PCOS so my doctor just said its my body going back to normal, if your worried just see what your doctor says but if u had no problems before hopefully it will all be the same once you stop breastfeeding smile good luck
Thanks! Need to get her off the breast! Right now she is yelling 'BOOB' to me! :/

Thanks! Need to get her off the breast! Right now she is yelling 'BOOB' to me! :/

ha ha ha. Yes, I'm sure as soon as you cut back some more or cut her off altogether your period will return. I got preg a couple of weeks after fully weaning my first at 12 months (after having 1 period).

Thanks so much girls! She's been going fine with one feed a day so hoping to do this for a week or two then fully wean her! smile
My period came back after 14 months. My baby is still breast fed 2-3 times in 24 hours. You just need to cut it back a bit. I got pregnant while I was still breast feeding my first.
Hey, good luck. Just wanted to add, i was in the same situation for months waiting for my period to show up to try again. I eventually started slowely dropping feeds when my DD was 12 months because i wanted to get pregnant again and got down to one last feed before bed a day when i got my BFP!

I was so excited as i didn't get a period, we just got really lucky somehow managing to catch the first cycle without even knowing it. And i was able to keep giving my DD one feed a day for a few more months as she always loved being breastfed and was mighty grumpy when i tried to take it away.

Sign in to follow this topic