Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How accurate are pregnancy tests? Lock Rss

I am just wondering how accurate are pregnancy tests, i know they say they are 99% accurate but i am just not sure. I have done 2 pregnancy tests over 1 week and they both say negative. I am 10 days overdue on period (42 days since last period), nauseated and have tender breasts and i really think i am pregnant. I know i should just go to the doctor but dont want to risk being disappointed. Has this happened to anyone else and then found out they were still pregnant.

what brand are you using? if its the kind with the two lines that appear (or just one when negative) then try the kind that say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' they seem to be a little more accurate smile
Best of luck!
My doctor said that the margin of error is for false negatives and that unless you are on some sorts of medication you can't get a false positive.
Also yes, I didn't get a positive test until about 2 weeks after AF was due with my second.
Good luck!
Thanks for your replies, i have used the tests with the lines i might try them other ones. Knowing that it took 2 weeks for you makes me feel a little better fingers crossed.

Thanks for your replies, i have used the tests with the lines i might try them other ones. Knowing that it took 2 weeks for you makes me feel a little better fingers crossed.

Good luck!!
Sign in to follow this topic