Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. I don't think I can handle another Neg test :-(

I don't think I can handle another Neg test :-( Rss

I am so upset, I try really hard not to be as I know there are woman who can't ever have the chance of becoming pregnant.
We already have a 4 yr old beautiful daughter so why am I so desperate to become pregnant again!?
It's so shattering feeling those cramps and knowing that your period is going to be in the morning.
We have been trying on and off since our daughter was 12 months old, we took the relaxed approach and didn't do any tests, temps ect for a good 12 months and didn't fall and now tracking ovulation for 17 months and still nothing. I'm a good Mum and my husband deserves Father of the year, he is fantastic! So why is it that woman that treat their children like rubbish have children all the time- it feels so unfair!
Cut all us good woman some slack Mother Nature!!
I feel better.
Baby dust to you all xx
Jess

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

If a big hug from a stranger will help......I'm sending one.
I know exactly how you feel. It took us 2 years to fall pregnant and in between that I found out I had a brain tumour that was stopping me from falling pregant. I would try not to get my hopes up everytime I did a pregnancy test, but it's hard not to. I would tell myself that it would be negative and when it was I would bawl my eyes out.

It was even harder because through work I was seeing people who don't deserve to be parents having kids left right and centre. That made it so much harder. I kept thinking "Why do these people have kids and take them for granted and abuse them, and I can't fall pregnant??".

After trying for so long, and my marriage almost falling apart because of the pressure I was putting on myself, we gave up trying. Within a month I was pregant with my little miracle. smile

Falling pregnant is so hard. It's like trying to win lotto sometimes, although I reckon winning lotto is probably easier.

I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but I'm sending some postive thoughts your way *GBH*
Ah, im so with you right now! i know exactly how you feel sad Our ds is 5 and we have been TTC #2 for 2 and a half years now. i have PCOS and we had our first fertility sepcalist app last friday. He seems to think my tubes are blocked, so now i have another 4 week wait untill i get a HSG done ( clamp in the cervix then send dye up there to see if the dye goes through the tubes), then another ultrasound a week after then back to the specalist a week after that. So i now have to wait another 6 weeks!, feels like i have been waiting forever! have you seen a doc? maybe they can refer you on to a FS? if you havnt fallen preg in 12 months they advise you too see a doc.

im at that stage that there seems to be pregnant women and newborns all around me, everyone i know is pregnant atm and its driving me crazy! i have even shut myself off from a few friends (as much as i dont want too)just because everytime im with them they just dont seem to care what im going through and just talk baby baby all the time. I know that is fine, they are allowed to but it just upsets me even more, i suppode you could say im jealous of them even. But the way i see it is, i have a gorgeous boy who i wouldnt give up for the world and if he is all we are allowed to have, then awesome tongue

good luck hun, and if you ever want to chat or vent, im right here with ya smile Bel xo

If a big hug from a stranger will help......I'm sending one.

Thanks so much Craigmeg! That's really sweet.
And not only that i have to deal with the fact that i'm not pregnant again but then the PMT hormones kick in and i cry and cry.
I just feel exhausted with it. Trying for baby should be a happy and enjoyable time, and it is the complete opposite. Its tiring and frustrating and it's so hard to take the "relaxed" approach that everyone goes on about when it's like that.

I know exactly how you feel. It took us 2 years to fall pregnant and in between that I found out I had a brain tumour that was stopping me from falling pregant. I would try not to get my hopes up everytime I did a pregnancy test, but it's hard not to. I would tell myself that it would be negative and when it was I would bawl my eyes out.

It was even harder because through work I was seeing people who don't deserve to be parents having kids left right and centre. That made it so much harder. I kept thinking "Why do these people have kids and take them for granted and abuse them, and I can't fall pregnant??".

After trying for so long, and my marriage almost falling apart because of the pressure I was putting on myself, we gave up trying. Within a month I was pregant with my little miracle. smile

Falling pregnant is so hard. It's like trying to win lotto sometimes, although I reckon winning lotto is probably easier.

I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but I'm sending some postive thoughts your way *GBH*

Thanks!I'm really sorry to hear you had a brain tumor! I hope that you have recovered and are well. Isn't it amazing that once you gave up you fell pregnant?!
I can very well understand why your marriage took a hit, it's really stressful and it takes a toll.
Are you trying for another one?

Thanks!I'm really sorry to hear you had a brain tumor! I hope that you have recovered and are well. Isn't it amazing that once you gave up you fell pregnant?!
I can very well understand why your marriage took a hit, it's really stressful and it takes a toll.
Are you trying for another one?

I've recovered compeltely and I have a clean bill of health! smile My DD is almost 8 months but we are looking at trying for another baby at the end of this year. I'm preparing myself for the fact that it might take a long time again to fall pregnant.
Wow some full on storied there girls. My heart goes out to you all.

M y DS1 was a HUGE suprise.. I was only 17 (18 when he was born). I had troubles with my AF so i wound up having the IUD in. Once we decided for DS2 I had the IUD out and 6 weeks later was 4 weeks pregnant. Though we didnt actually 'try'. Now ttc number 3 and it's been 4 months no luck. I had beenon the depo shot for a while after DS2 and believe thats whats causing all the issues, ive never had trouble before.

Im not due to test for 6 days, but i already know within myself that it's a bfn....

Im super frustrated, and i can't even begin to imagine how you're all going after sooooo long.

Hang in there. xo baby dust to you all.

Jacob Stephen 27.09.2002
Jaylan-Jack, Mummy's Miracle. 26th 7 08.
Alleira Joyce Christine 24.05.2012

Sign in to follow this topic