Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Elective C Section at Public Hospital in WA

Elective C Section at Public Hospital in WA Rss

Hi there,

I had an emergency c section for my DS at a private hospital.
Im thinking of next time going to a public hospital, but was wondering in general do public hospitals allow you to have an elective c section after having a previous c section? Or would they push for you to have a VBAC?

TIA smile

I had an emergency c-section with DS1 but have booked in for an elective c-section with DS2........ I dont think they have an issue as long as you have your doctors support. Goodluck......

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

Im not in WA but where i live is a smaller hospital, they dont offer vbac due to staffing, but will happily give you an elective c section if you have previously had one, otherwise its a 4 hr drive to have a vbac.
hi, i went to king edward memorial hospital with all my kids, my 1st was an emergency c-section, i tried for a vbac with my 2nd, but wasnt progressing enough so had to have another "ëmergency"c-section and my 3rd and 4th were elective. i am now about 7 weeks pregnant with my 5th and will be going back to king eddies, i had no issues with the hospital smile just tell them what you would like its your body, and you can choose what you want :)good luck

i cant see any reason why they would disallow you a c-ser. you can discuss it with the dr's you see when you go to your nominated hospital, they will go through a birthing plan with you.
if you let the, know your reasons they should allow it. at the end of the day, its your body and your decision.
Sign in to follow this topic